Chapter 34: I'm sorry

A/N: Yay, chapter 34! I can not even start on how long this chapter took, but here it is! Hope everyone has a happy reading!

1987 Milan, Italy

Alden's eyes skimmed across me. It never lingered anywhere, but rather, just short glimpses as his eyes cut across my skin.

His crafted jaw carved through his cheeks while light, blonde curls draped down his neck. In the corner of his ear held a blonde strand that can be easily distinguished with his lack of grooming.

Which was a bit off setting, the man I knew would never have that problem. 

The air of silence reaps the room. The only sounds that were produced to be heard, were small rattles of a plastic box held in his fingers. Sitting beside the bed, the creaking mattress sunk down as Alden's weight was heaving down on it.

Unconsciously, my jaws clamped together. My teeth sunk against each other as my hands clutched the soft covers in its fingers.

With a small glimpse, his eyes met mine but very quickly diverted to hold a part of his attention.

My lungs were contorting inside just to hold a piece of air.

This deepening sense in my head seemed to have been knocking on my mind. Ripping in my chest, were now the tumbles of the feelings I tried to sunk down into the black abyss. They were calling and tearing in my chest as both guilt and pain resurface inside me.

The words were still stuck in my parched throat, and I wondered if I can ever haul them out.

This pathetic feeling, I didn't want to know anymore.

Abruptly, Alden's eyes trailed down with their movements slow as they grazed across my body.

The color they bore proves to have darken with the green surrounding and grounded in his center. The color of a musky green and a grey tone still overtook his face with it's hue.

Though suddenly, they stopped and seemed to have lingered against the sight of my arm that I set beside me.

Meeting my eyes for a brief second, Alden slightly nodded as he breathed out a stern breath.

"Show me your arm." The words left his lips cold and sternly.

Without another exchange, Alden gripped my arm in his hand as he pulled it towards him. His touch felt rough and urged, but his movements eased at my wound as his other hand sat at my muscle. With his fingers wrapped under my forearm and his thumb resting near the injury, he slowly turned over my arm to expose the wound in plain sight.

The color was a deep red with jagged edges running up and down. The crooked lines broke across my skin as the color lingers with its dark tone at the seams. Surrounding the cut, were the color of purple.

A mixture of purple as it picked up a light shade of blue along the lines of cuts. Though it was not quite visible, its presence was enough to announce what I did to it.

Alden didn't say anything.

Silently, and without any words spoken, he trailed his attention back to the plastic box that sat on the side of the mattress. Drawing it closer to him, he flicked open the lid as the two clamps snapped against the side revealing the materials inside.

Glass bottles, bandages, and other necessities were aligned inside the plastic box. Which I was far too familiar with.

Glancing at his face, his eyes were set at the box while his hands still clutched my arm. His palm wrapped against my skin, the touch cold with his attention directed towards a glass bottle.