Chapter 37: What if?

A/N: Hello, back with another chapter! This chapter isn't as long as the others and it's also a little fast paced. Still hope you'll enjoy it, happy reading!!

When I first encountered Seraphina, she was barley reaching our line of sight.

Her curled hair still hasn't morphed into the caramel locks that now sat at her shoulders. Nor were her round eyes the prominent features of her carved face.

Instead, it was a timid young girl that youth haven't smiled upon quite yet.

She had a small smile, and her eyes would wander as she glanced around.

And upon first look, I could tell, she has already fallen for him whose looks was never short from hers.

His blonde curls that drape over his ears, emerald eyes that pierces into you—along with an unapproachable atmosphere surrounding him.

He was different. And she was wary of that.

I was also wary of that.

A feeling stirred inside me.

I didn't know what to call it.

Still don't know what to make of it.

It grips under my chest as it travels up my throat. Like needles piercing through my flesh and bones, it creates a surging heat that boils from the inside out.

And right now, I could feel it surging back up again.

1987 Milan, Italy

"Wow. Is this really your house?" A sarcastic tone overtook his voice as he stepped inside. Both the sound of astonishment and sincere amazement made his words deeply more annoying.

"So funny." I replied, purposely monotone.

But before I could even lift my head, Raven has already kicked off his branded shoes and stepped inside the room.

His feet knocking against the wooden floors as he made rounds of intrigued inspections inside.
He has already welcomed himself in before I could even say a word.

"Are you sure you're getting paid?" His comment was both unneeded and unappreciated.

Of course, what he was referring to is was the interior of my home.

It certainly not what you expect from the don's right hand man.

Though I didn't need a fancy home, just a home where I could call my own was good enough.

"Your way of commentary is very unique, so much so, that you deserve a punch to the face as a reward."

I urged, half serious half not. But as always, Raven simply brushed it off with his sly grin sitting on his lips.

But this time, instead of remarking; his blue eyes began to trail around the area.

It travelled from the front of the house and slowly made its way around.

It lingered on the broken down couch where the leather has begun to worn down with small patch of fabric.

It passes over the round glass table that sits at the center with small stain marks.

The wooden shelves lining over the walls with half stacked books.

A small unit kitchen in the back with black and white tiles.

And a small, narrow hallway that held two doors on each side.

Raven carefully traced over each detail with his eyes lingering over them after a few seconds.