Chapter 21: Rain

A/N: First update in summer!! Hope you all have a happy reading!

1987 Milan, Italy

I twisted the metal tap. Instantly, the water ran from the faucet down into the white tub underneath. The sound of the gushing water echoed inside the tight room as water fills the tub. Skimming my fingers across the surface, I stepped inside.

The water immediately disperse before engulfing me again. It was cold. Almost freezing. The water knocking into my bones that leaves a cold temperature onto my skin. Closing my eyes, I sunk further down until I was completely submerged.

The liquid folded over my flesh. Tiny bubbles stuck to my face as I breathed out the last hint of air. Slowly, I felt my body sunk down until it touches the bottom.

There was no sound. No light. Just a simple, compact space I let myself be apart of.

With the last breath of air leaving my lungs, I was completely submerged.

"Leo." A voice called to me.

It was a voice I recognized. It was the one thing I heard inside the black abyss.

"Leo!" Opening my eyes, I pulled my body out of the water.

Blurry shapes and cloudy hands was what was in front of me.

That voice that called out to me was now gone.

"How many guests are we expecting?"

"Around 30-40 sir. The don requested for the twelve district members and close relatives only." Giano reported behind me. His pace quickening to match mine as we continued down the hallway.

"And the priest?"

"He should be arriving shortly. So should the guests." Lucy further explained. Her blonde hair was tangled in a bun around her shoulders as she fixed a mistake in her buttons. Following closely behind her was Nico and the others.

"When the priest arrive I want you all to greet him properly. Also, order the books to disperse--don't clump up together in the main house." I instructed.

"Yes sir." They replied.

The floor continued to carry the sound of our footsteps. I glanced outside, despite the black curtains covering the glass windows--the color was grady. A murky blue and saturated purple painted the sky with drops of rain beneath it.

With dark shadows of buildings looming inside the main house, it made the dreaded house even more pitiful.

"Sir?" Lucy caught my attention. Tilting my head towards her, I waited for her to continue.

"We haven't seen the Don sir."

Hearing her words I felt my hands tighten up. My chest heaving down as I breathed out a string of air. Hiding my tone, I decided to nod my head and mumble a short instruction to them before continuing down the hallway.

Taking another look at the window, the sky unexpectedly grew into a dark grey.

I wasn't expecting to be back at the main house so soon. Nonetheless in this situation. Roaming my eyes around the scenery, all I saw was the same color black that folded over the main house 13 years ago.

Standing before the large white door, my eyes traced around the gold carving and etching. Surrounding it, were white lilacs decorated in the vases. Knocking twice on the door, I waited for a response.