Chapter 47: Vows

A/N: Longest chapter ever, and hopefully the most awaited chapter. In honor of Elliot, enjoy and Happy Reading!!

1987 Milan, Italy

We called off the searches just a bare few minutes later.

Though each royal Capo willingly oblige; you can almost hear their confusion and unstated questions through their distorted breaths.

Yet, no one muttered a word.

And as expected, they all came straight back to the mansion.

Alden and I decided to not mention the phone call, hoping it would not stir the entire group more than needed.

Instead, we just informed them that one search party has successfully found his location.

After that, an air of relief spreads through the familia.

The only people we mentioned it to, was the 14th don and a few of the royal capos.

Later that day, we asked them to meet us in the meeting room upstairs instead of the one in the main hall.

Which, as also expected, they all kept a tight secret of.

Once we thoroughly explained the phone call, we needed two capos to go and find out more of the port.

Giano and Nico headed straight away.

We then needed one more to gather information on the man's relations. And try to cut them off as soon as possible.

Fio was skilled in that region. We just told him to be careful during interrogation.
Not for his sake, but for their sake. We had enough enemies on our hands, there is no need to make more.

Finally, Lucy and Luca were sent to gather ammunition and pistols as much as they can.

Our supply been cut off, but we still should have enough. They just needed to do so, and quietly.

"You need to get back here when night falls. Or at least in the morning, no matter what you find. Understand?" Raising his voice in a slightly pressured manner it caused their urgence to pick up.

Nodding their heads remotely, they answered--- "Yes sir."

Once they left, Alden asked me to excuse him as he wanted to get some rest.
Through, it was true the rest of the day he did not mention it.

I could tell it was lingering somewhere in the crept of his mind.

The way his face slightly wanes while his hands were curled tightly in his pocket.

What's more, those green eyes that pierces through the dark and falling sky that seems to have collapsed on the city.

Trailing towards his room, it was dark and desolated.

But not the abandon kind, just simply cut off from the brink of the world.

The scene outside was dark, looking from the murky and slightly stained glass—it was like a monochrome scale that washed over the eyes.

Inside the room, instead of bright lights and a lighten source, it was just an empty cast as he sat solemnly.

Sitting on the wooden desk, Alden sipped on the crimson wine that soaks his lips.

The door was slightly cracked open, but I still held the liberty of knocking on the wooden frame anyway.

"May I come in?" I questioned.

He slightly turned his head, but seeing me at the door, gave me a small grin before returning to the drink.