Chapter 22: Pathetic

A/N: Another chapter!! Hope you have a happy reading! (It was difficult to write so please excuse the mistakes, thanks!)

1987 Milan, Italy

"Tea or coffee?"

"Oh tea is fine." Serafina replied. With a genuine smile, she tucked a stranded curl of hair behind her ear. Taking the glass in her two small hands, she cradled it carefully in her nimble fingers before pushing her lips to the rim for a long sip.

"Thanks." She told Lucy while licking her lips sheepishly.

Nodding her head, Lucy took a respectful bow before retreating back. Continuing to indulge in the tea, Serafina was trying to hide the fact she was shaking inside the covers. Her black dress was clinging to her skin while her hair was still soaking up the rainwater from before.

Though her petite figure was engulfed by the layers of covers, she was still shivering as she held on tightly to the warm drink.

"Lucy, why don't you take Ms. Serafina to change. We should have some spare clothes." I instructed her. Nodding her head she gestured towards Serafina--waiting.

"Oh no need. I'm fine." She replied courteously. Though we all could see through her efforts.

Finishing her sentence, her hazel eyes traced over to the right.

Following her line of sight, I realized the reasons behind her courteous actions.

Across from her, was a man sitting in a red leather chair. His blonde hair clinging to his neck as the water were still dripping from each strand. His clothes were clinging to his skin while each piece of fabric were carving out the shape of his body.

With a blue towel in his hand, he was drying off while her eyes were moving back and forth.

"It's uncourteous of us to leave our guests uncomfortable in our company." I continued.

"No, it's alright. I'm not uncomfortable at all, besides I've troubled you enough."

Unable to continue, I placed a courteous smile instead.

Suddenly, the man tilted his head towards her. A small grin curled at his lips before setting down his towel at the wooden table. His dimmed green eyes and soft tone were apparent as he persuaded her.

"You're our guest. It's impolite to leave our guests wet and cold."

"Really, I-"

"Please, I insist."

His eyes green eyes didn't appear hollow. Or rather, they appeared softer--with a gentle hue like his words were. But those simple actions sent a shade of red over her skin. Nervously setting down her cup, Serafina nodded her head with her lips tightening.

With an embark smile, she followed Lucy through the white door. Bowing towards us, Lucy closed the door behind them.

The window was barely open, but the sound of rain echoed outside while the curtains were drawn over the murky glass. The temperature appearing cold while the wetness seeps into my bone leaving an empty sense inside.

A shuddering silence crept through the enclosed room. The rain continues to pour as the only sound was the ruffling of the towel as it rolled over his hair, a creaky board, and paced breaths.

I found my eyes following him. Yet, I could only remain standing in one place.

The gentle smile he used was slowly disappearing. Instead, his face was washed over with a stern expression with eyes appearing in a dark green. It mixed with the foggy mist from the rain into a murky green in its shell.