Chapter 38: Adieu

A/N: Hello! Back with another chapter 38! This one is decent length and its also fast paced. Apologies that the recent chapters isn't very interesting, but I promise there's a reason.

Happy reading!

1987 Milan, Italy

I saw a dream that night.

Where I was a kid again.

I couldn't see the people around me.

A bright light occurred from a lingering field that spanned acres in front of me. It was a light yellow.

The air hitting on my skin as I remember sprinting.

My legs were shorter than they were now.

My breath raspy and rigid as I ran across the field.

Knocks of grass slapped against my skin along with the dirt ground that dug underneath my feet.

Someone called me. I think it was a woman's voice. It was sweet and somewhat mellow.

I was drawn to it and kept running towards it. The voice suddenly growing weaker, even though I was heading towards it.

Fading and fading—

Until, the voice that called to me disappeared.

I started turning in circles. The light was dying. The field was growing smaller.

And slowly, I felt the ground collapse into a dark abyss that swallowed me from the feet up.

I grew frantic. Not to the point of crying, but I lost control.

And when the brink of light could no longer creep into my eyes, an image of a boy clasped against me.

I woke up sweating. Which wasn't something usual. Normally people don't sweat when they sleep, but counting on the dream I saw--it was a given cause.

Touching my forehead with the back of my hand, I rubbed the beads of sweat against my crumbled skin before breathing out slowly.

My breath was shallow, it beats across my chest as I gulped it down.

Blinking my eyes, it slowly gripped the fuzzy shapes inside the hollow room--darkness was still apart of it, like in my dream.

But little specks of lights has seeped into the nooks and cranny of the room as it made seeing a little easier.

I couldn't really tell what time it was.

The room was still too dark to tell and the blocked windows only gave off so much light.

Glancing at the clock at the bedside, a crooked black hand pointed to the numbers.

"4..23"

4:23 A.M.

I don't know how many hours of sleep I got, but it's probably close to none.

Rubbing my temples, I tried to suppress a coming yawn as I waited for the fuzzy feeling in my head to pass.

But when it did, something else decided to take its place.

The aching feeling that lingered in my muscles now migrated to a different area.

Sitting underneath my lower back and shoulders, my entire body felt like it was woodenly staked to the chair.

Slowly stretching my limbs, I maneuvered away from the chair with the back of my legs screaming in pain.

With my foot set on the ground, the wooden creaks echoed loudly with their high pitched sound.