Chapter 11: The Party

A/N: Hello! Back with chapter 11! Happy reading everybody!

1987 Milan, Italy

"Would you like wine or whiskey sir?" A voice interrupted my thoughts.

Immediately, I turned towards the sound. The owner of the voice was a small girl dressed in the traditional maid outfit. Her hair tied in a bun while her outfit consisted of the black dress and white apron.

"Oh, wine please." I initiated my glass towards the girl before she nodded her head. Carefully, she tilted the wine bottle as purple liquid seeped through the opening and filled my wine glass.

"Thank you." I mumbled, she nodded and headed on her way.

It was a noisy party.

Though that's every party, but this one in particular was very noisy.

Stepping through the front gates, we were meet with a large hall as the entrance to the estate. The structure were pure white marbles and red bricks that held the foundation of the building. It glistened, even under the night.

The estate's size was huge, slightly bigger than the main house as it was a story higher.

But personally, I preferred the infrastructure of the main house as it was sturdier and the stairs were to the sides and not out in the open.

The inside was a sea of people. They ranged from a famous businessman to a count mistress in the local district. Certainly it was a colorful party and vibrant party.

Of course, the interior was decorated with a golden wallpaper and scented candles, but the colors stemmed from the guest. There were variety of clothing-- a white tux suit that complimented a mint blue dress, or even a red nightgown that paired with a black suit and red tie.

"See. Told you to wore flashy clothing." A husky voice whispered in my ear.

"My closet consists of black tux and black tux. Besides, what you wore is flashy enough." I retorted, glancing at him.

Alden wore a black tux, but the insides were a soft grey color that peeked out under the folds. His tie was also a sapphire blue that paired with his waist coat which was a dark navy color. His blonde hair was smooth and brushed back by hair gel while the contrast of his green eyes added to his edge.

He certainly didn't stand out.

Suddenly the rowdy crowd grew silent. The murmuring and loud articulated speech simmered to silent whispers as everyone focused on our host. Alden and I both turned our heads.

Slowly, two figures emerged from the spiraling stairs that plagued the hallway. One of them was a middle aged man, his hair a dark brown with grey areas while his face was rigid with a scar across his right side. Lighting a cigar in his hand, the man was escorting a girl.

The girl, her appearance now tall but still petite. Her hair a shade of caramel that curled until it reached her shoulders. Wearing a cut out pink dress, the echos of her heels resounded in the hallway as her face was plastered with a bright smile.

Reaching the end of the stairs, the two smiled at the guests as the man stepped forward.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, I welcome you to the Marino's estate. Today, we're here to celebrate my daughter's 20th birthday." He paused before glancing at the girl.

"Serafina, would you like to address anything?"

She eagerly nodded her head.

Nervously but anxiously she stepped forward.