Chapter 10: Partner

A/N: Chapter 10! Happy reading!

I remember it was during one of my stay at the main house. Elliot has just turned 12 at the time too. Alden and I followed along by playing hide and seek in the yard behind the house.

I also remembered the mouthful of dirt that we both ate when falling from that tree.

Suddenly a black car pulled up towards the driveway.

The attendants began flooding towards it, commotion and conundrum was everywhere.

Then not so long after, two figures emptied out from the car.

One being a man.

The other, being a young girl.

She stood barley to Alden's shoulder, her light brown hair curled at the end as her hazel eyes stared at his figure. She was the exact definition of a petite and beautiful girl, like her name.

It meant 'angel-like' and pure.

Like the person.

1987 Milan, Italy

"Yes."

"Yes."

"Alright, bye."

I placed the telephone back on it's stand. The sound of the material clashing against each other created the authentic 'ding' sound. Turning around, I spotted the familiar faces of the royal capos in the conference room.

Among them, Nico headed towards me with his black hair falling over his face.

"Are we going to continue as planned?"

"Yeah, we'll continue as planned."

Slowly, I trailed over to the round table in the center of the room. Some glass cups and other papers were scattered on the surface along with the map of Italy. It was this blue tinted paper that had some folded creases from the time it was flailing around in the room.

"Here. We're exchanging the cargoes in two days." I pointed to a section of the map that was next to a newly built site. Surrounding it was an old bar and some old convenience shops. It wasn't that important but I still pinpointed it--for precaution sake.

"The location is in a warehouse built not too far from the industrial sites. The exchange will be at noon so remember to keep a low profile." I continued.

Nico and the others hunched over towards the map.

"At noon?" Lucy asked, slightly concerned about the exchangement of forty cargoes in broad daylight.

"Yeah, we're going at noon in district 5-- according to Alden."

Clearly that sent a disturbing nerve, or two. The royal capos and I felt an uncomfortable sense inside the compacted conference room. Even though the blinds were open, the room had a sense of gloominess lingering around.

Taking a small sip of water from the glass, the lingering atmosphere still stuck to the roof of our heads. It didn't help that everyone was so silent.

"Leo." Nico began carefully.

"Can't you ask the Don to reconsider? If we exchange at district 5, we're going to get busted."

He defiantly has a point. With a district littered with trafficking cases and hookup bars; along with the fact the government is keeping a close watch on it--definitely not a good exchange place.