Shawn Mendes

I woke up feeling like absolute crap. I was sick.

Great.

I groaned as I rolled over and grabbed my phone, unlocking it and scrolling through social media as I did every morning.

I began coughing uncontrollably and decided to get up and get water.

I drank the glass of water quickly, considering my throat hurt so bad, and the fact that I was coughing.

I then blew my nose an endless amount of times since I couldn't breathe out of it and tiredly made my way back to my room and onto my bed.

I felt weak, and everything just kind of hurt and I felt awful. I didn't even bother eating breakfast or anything because I had absolutely no appetite.

I heard the doorbell ring and my eyes widened. Who was here?

I stood up and trudged my way to the front door, opening it to reveal my boyfriend, Shawn, standing in front of me. His bright smile instantly turned into a confused look when he saw me.

"Y/N, what's wrong?" he asked.

"Sick," I said, my voice sounding hoarse and terrible.

"You can go if you want, I don't want you to get sick, also the fact that I look and sound awful," I said with a slight laugh.

"Now what kind of boyfriend would I be if I just left you here? Obviously, I gotta take care of you," he smirked as he stepped in and shut the door behind him.

"But you might get sick," I said.

"Maybe I will, maybe I won't. I don't really care," he shrugged.

I sighed and smiled at his persistence and decided not to try to convince him not to stay because of course, I wanted him to, and I guess if he really wanted to, I'll let him.

"So what have you been doing all morning?" he asked as he walked into the living room and plopped down on the couch.

"Dying," I said simply as I sat next to him.

He wrapped his arm around me and pulled me closer, kissing the top of my head.

"I'm sorry," he said softly.

"Not your fault," I laughed as I nuzzled my head into his neck.

"Thank you for staying," I said.

"Don't thank me, it's my job to take care of you and to not leave you all lonely when you're sick," he said.

"I know, just you were probably hoping we were gonna do something fun except everything hurts and I don't wanna move," I said.

"If you think you ruined my day, you didn't. Just being here with you makes me happy, we don't need to be doing anything," he smiled.

"Okay good," I smiled.

"Can I just say, I find your little croaky voice very cute," he laughed.

"Shut up," I said as I hit him.

I laughed and then started to cough, turning away from him.

"See what you did?" I said jokingly and he just laughed more.

"Sorry babe," he said.

"I'll forgive you," I said. I reached forward and grabbed the PS4 controller and turned it on, scrolling to Netflix and opening it, mindlessly scrolling through the many different movies and TV shows.

"What do you wanna watch?" I asked him.

"Good question," he laughed.

I shook my head and continued scrolling. We were both pretty indecisive over little things like this.

"How about the Aristocats? Disney is always the right choice!" Shawn said.

(Idk if it's on American Netflix but it's on the Canadian one)

"I love that movie," I said as I clicked on it and began playing it.

As we watched the movie, I felt Shawn playing with my hair, causing a smile to form on my face.

Somehow, even though I felt terrible, Shawn had a way of keeping me happy despite my current state.

"Shawn?" I said.

"Yes, sweetheart?" he asked.

"I love you so much," I said.

"I love you too but that was random," he said.

"I know, I was just thinking about it I dunno," I smiled.

"Well I love you a whole lot," he grinned.

"I really wanna kiss your cute face right now," I said.

"So do it," he urged.

"But I'm sick," I pouted.

"Who cares?" he smirked.

I smiled as I leaned up and pressed my lips against his, our lips moving together perfectly just like they always did. I pulled away and smiled at him.

"Hope that didn't get ya sick," I laughed as I pecked his nose.

"It would be worth it," he shrugged.

We continued watching the movie and partway through he stood up and walked off.

"Do you want me to pause it?" I called.

"No it's alright, I've seen it enough times," he said back.

I just continued watching, unsure of what he was doing but I didn't care that much.

I heard his footsteps come back and I turned to see him holding a bunch of things.

"I brought you tea for your throat, and a bunch of blankets and pillows in case you're cold or something and I have medicine and snacks," he smiled.

"Why are you literally the best person in the whole universe?" I asked as he sat down.

I took a blanket and placed it over the two of us and then sipped on the tea he made me.

"You even made my favorite," I smiled.

"Of course I did," he said.

I looked back at the screen and smiled to myself, wondering how I got so lucky.

Why I, of all people, was the one who ended up with someone as amazing as Shawn. I never really would understand, but I know I would cherish it every single day.