Niall Horan X Reader

You got into your car, heading to the doctor for your first ultrasound.

Biting your lower lip, you thought about how Niall had promised he would be there.

You knew he was busy, that he had an entire career that was a big part of his life, but these babies should be a big part of his life, too.

Sighing, you pulled up outside the doctor's office and exited your car.

"Hello, I'm (Y/N) (Y/L/N)," You said, before signing in at the reception.

"Take a seat, the nurse will be with you in a moment," He replied, gesturing towards the waiting room.

You did, pulling out your phone and scrolling through Twitter until your name was called.

You tucked your phone into your purse and followed the nurse into a room.

She took your blood pressure and did a few other tests, and then left you alone to wait for the doctor. While you were waiting, you took out your phone and started to text Niall.

Hey. What are you up to?

Hey, sweetheart. Not much, just waiting for Harry to stop messing around so we can get down to recording. What are you doing?

At the doctor's, waiting for her to come in.

Is everything okay? Why are you at the doctors?

Everything is fine, Niall. Today was the day of my first ultrasound, remember?

Damn. Can I still make it, love?

Don't bother. You wouldn't get here in time. It's fine.

You put your phone down as there was a knock on the door, and didn't pay attention to Niall's response.

"Hello, (Y/N)," Dr. Booth said, stepping into the room. "How are you today?"

"Hello, Dr. Booth. I'm doing well. How are you?" You inquired.

"I'm doing well. Will you please lift your shirt a bit?" She asked.

You did, and she gently examined you, before picking up the ultrasound gel.

"This might be a bit cold," she said.

She put some on you, before pressing the wand to your stomach.

The two of you watched as the image came up on the screen, and the doctor pointed to it.

"There's one of your babies. And the other one....is over there," she said. "Would you like to hear their heartbeat?"

"Yes, please," You replied.

A little while later, you heard the sound of your babies hearts, and your eyes filled with tears.

"It's wonderful, isn't it?" Dr. Booth murmured, before removing the wand from your abdomen.

"It is," You replied.

"Here are some pictures of your babies to show your family," She said, handing you the images and a towel to wipe off the excess gel.

"Thank you," You said, taking them.

"I'll see you in about six weeks, then. Don't forget to schedule an appointment up front. Have a good day," She said, leaving the room.

You gathered your bag and carefully tucked the images in it, before heading out to the waiting room.

You scheduled your next appointment and went home.

When you got there, you placed the ultrasound pictures on Niall's bedside table, before getting into the shower. You took a quick shower and then got into bed, exhausted.

You drifted off to sleep, not even waking when your front door opened, and Niall climbed the stairs and walked into your bedroom.

"(Y/N)? Love?" He quietly said.

Niall went over to his side of the bed and spotted the pictures that you'd left for him.

He picked them up, looking over the images of your children. Niall's eyes filled with tears, and he set down the pictures, going into the bathroom so you wouldn't hear him crying. He turned on the shower and stepped under the warm water.

A few tears ran down his face before he started to wash his hair.

You stirred, the sound of the shower waking you.

"Niall?" You quietly said, getting out of bed.

You knocked on the bathroom door and opened it when Niall told you to come in.

"Hey, love," Niall said, sticking his head around the shower curtain.

"Hi, Niall," You murmured, taking a seat on the closed lid of the toilet. "How was your time with the band?"

"It went well."

"I heard the babies heartbeats," You said, before getting up and walking back to your bedroom.

Niall came out shortly afterward, his hair still damp from the shower. He took a seat next to you on the bed, his gaze focused on you.

"I'm sorry I missed the appointment, (Y/N)," Niall whispered.

"It's fine, Niall," You murmured.

"No, it's not, (Y/N)," Niall replied. "We both wanted to have babies, and this ultrasound was important."

"Just....hold me? I'm really tired," You quietly said, leaning your head against his shoulder.

The two of you lay down, and Niall held you close to him, as you drifted off to sleep.