Chapter 4

"Hey Tamen! You're back from the neighboring village!"I shouted as I saw my brother.

"Yes, I'm back"he said.

"Look what I have on my forehead."

"That's a headband! I guess our leader finally gave you a headband. Wait a second. You didn't steal it, did you?"

"No. I didn't. Also I am not lieing. Why would I lie to you?"

"The same why would I lie to you. That is the perfect indication that a person is lieing. Also I know that you didn't steal it. I was just playing a joke on you and you fell for it."

Outsmarted again.

"So teacher Iruka said that we have go to the academy again today. He said that we will be assigned to teams today."I said.

"I want to see who gets to be in a team together."he replied." "Let's hurry up and get to the academy."

"Right!"

We reached there and again were the first ones.

"You said we were late and we had to hurry up."

"I only said that we have to hurry up. I didn't say that we were late. You only assumed that."

(Why am I so stupid?),I thought to myself.

Teacher Iruka had finally come to the class.

"Okay. Today I will assign all of you to your teams. From today you guys will not be coming to the academy. All of you will learn new spells from the warrior that will be leading your team. That warrior will be someone who has passed the second promotion exams. Now I will sort you in your squads. Each squad will be lead by a warrior who has passed the promotion exams twice."

He began sorting us. I thought that my turn would come at the end. It did almost. He had selected six teams before he selected my team. My team was supposed to be called team number 7.

"In team seven, Karoosh, Sayla and Tamen."

Nobody knows the amount of joy that I felt that time. Sayla seemed just as joyful as me because she expressed it openly.

"Take that Ino!!" She shouted.

Ino and Sayla were best friends turned into bitter rivals because they just fell in love with the same guy. That is what I think. Apparently I have no idea about what happened between those two. Both of them wanted to be teammates with Tamen but Sayla got the last laugh.

"On team 8 will be Ino, Urki and Tenshay."

"What!!! Ino shouted in disbelief. "I don't want to be with Tenshay. Just look at him. He's been eating that bag of chips throughout the class. He won't even train."

"Please cooperate with your partners because these teams are now permanent. Teams can be changed until one of you dies or decides to become a rogue warrior. Karoosh you still have to tell the leader that you are a warrior. Go to his office and tell him why I gave you this headband, to and also to record your data."

"My data?" I asked.

"Yes, your data." Replied teacher Iruka. "Your data which includes your team, your name, age and special abilities. Your strong and weak points are recorded."

"What?" I asked.

"This means that whether your strongest area is close combat, strategies or performing different spells. It's all recorded in a book." Said Tamen as he explained to me what Iruka sensei just said.

"Well done Tamen. You were always one of the brightest of my class."

"That makes sense," I said.

When we finally got of from that boring old academy, I straight away went to the leader's office. First I had my picture taken. Then I went into the office, showed the leader my picture and sat down on a chair waiting for him to say something. After just a while I noticed the door opening a little bit. Then suddenly a little boy, much younger than me, came charging at the leader but he tripped and fell. I was confused.

"HEY!!!!!!", I shouted at the boy. "WHO ARE YOU AND WHY ARE YOU HERE!!??"

"My name is Konahamaru. I want to become the next leader and the only way to achieve it is to defeat the current leader," he said.

"There is no short cut of becoming a leader. You have to work hard years and years before you can even be worth of being acknowledged." I replied.

"You don't tell me what to do. I am the grandson of our current leader."

I smacked him at the top of his head and said,"I don't care even if you were his granddaughter. I'm outta here. My team was supposed to meet our leader outside of the academy."

So I went back to the academy and waited with my team for our team leader. An hour had already passed waiting and finally he arrived.

"Hello there. Sorry I'm late. My name is Liu and I will be the leader of this team and will be responsible of your lives and training. Your first training practice will start tomorrow. Enjoy your last day as a free citizen because starting tomorrow your lives will be busier."

As me and Tamen were walking home, we met some warriors who were looking a bit frantic.

"Hey what's up?" I asked.

"It's Konahamaru. We can't find him anywhere." They replied.

Then Tamen asked,"who's Konahamaru?"

"He is our leader's grandson. Where did you last see him?"

"He was last seen at the leader's office."

"Karoosh you go into the forest to find him because there is no telling where he could have gone. I will check around our leader's office."

"Alright Tamen"

I went to the forest and started to look for Konahamaru. When I was about to give up, I noticed Konahamaru sitting on a log  outside a hut.

"There you are. Do you know that the whole village is looking everywhere for you?"

"I came here because I wanted you to find me. So I can ask you to show me that trick you pulled on teacher Iruka when you were in the academy."

"How do know about that" I asked him.

"Teacher Iruka told us about it and we all laughed really hard. So will you teach me or not?"

"Ok." I replied.

So first I showed him how it's done. I performed the incantation and transformed. Then I told him how to do it. Since then we have been out in the woods training for three days. Nobody knew where we were. That is until one day Konahamaru's teacher found out that we were here.

"I found you two. Konahamaru you must stay away from him. He might infect you with his bad behavior."he said.

Why doesn't​ anyone except for Tamen and teacher Iruka care about me? I thought to myself.

"No. Karoosh is my friend and he doesn't do any bad behavior."said Konahamaru.

Just then he performed an incantation and transformed into a woman​. After three days he finally got it right but since is teacher was a well experienced warrior who has passed the examination twice, the spell was less effective.

"You're gonna have to do better than that"said Konahamaru's teacher.

I performed an incantation and created many clones of myself. Then I performed an other incantation and transformed into a woman. To this, his teacher was blown away.

"How come you blew him away but I didn't?"asked Konahamaru.

"Sometimes it's about the quantity as well as the quality. Don't ask me where I heard that because even I don't know."I replied.

"Let's go home. Our families will be worried."

"Ok."