Chapter 8

So we reached his home. It wasn't a luxurious one but at least it could accommodate three people. He had a wife and a little boy who was younger than me. The boy's name was Mizuki and he was really rude. He showed no respect towards us and was always locked in his own room. He didn't even answer to his dad. First of all we sent sensei Liu straight to bed because he was all worn-out from using that sharingan of his. I guess a weapon with that much power comes with great risks. We had a delicious meal then we all had a little rest to regain our energy.

Meanwhile else where, the tracker warrior was treating Zabuza's body.
Then Zabuza woke up and said"couldn't you have arrived a little bit earlier? I was going to die."

"Sorry. I dosed off and when I woke up you were gone. I had to track you down like I was hunting you"said the tracker warrior.

His name was Haku. Tracker warriors go through very different study. They are thought about every part of the human body. They know every part of the body in which they can strike and put their victim in a state of half dead. They know how to dissect bodies and can get rid of the remains of a rogue warrior's body.

"Anyway, you still made it in time. Those were gonna kill me."said Zabuza.

It was morning, Tamen woke me up and we had breakfast. Liu sensei was still tired after that fight with Zabuza but he could still wake up and walk. After breakfast we went outside and Liu sensei told us about our practice assignment.

"So here's​ what you guys have to do. Focus all of your power at your feet. Then walk towards a tree."

He showed us how to do it. He was literally walking on the trees.

"So our first lesson is walking on trees?" I asked.

"Yes. It's a good way to learn to control your power and how much you use upon each and every spell you perform."Liu sensei explained.

"Okay. So I just have to focus all my power at my feet. Then I can walk on trees. Alright let's do this." I tried to focus enough of my power at my feet and then tried to walk on the tree but my foot could not be planted firmly on the first step and I slipped.

Tamen on the other hand was doing just fine. He was running up the tree like it was nothing until he stepped with such force that the part where he stepped on was crushed and he lost his momentum.

"So if I apply more than enough power, the part where I stepped on gets crushed. If I don't apply enough power my foot will slip just like my brother."said Tamen.

"Tamen, you did well on your first try. Karoosh you need to keep practicing.
By the way has anyone seen Sayla?"

"I'm up here!"she said.

We looked up.

"Is this good enough?"she asked.

"Yeah."

"How did you get up there?"I asked.

"It's not difficult. When you apply your mind to it you will succeed."

"Are you implying that we don't have a mind?" I asked.

"Tamen does but you don't."

"You're​ so right." Tamen said.

"Hey!"

"What?"

"You're my brother. You should defend me."

"Karoosh give the guy a break. He's just being honest."

"Are you saying that I should let my brother make fun of me?"

"Yes."

"Just because you are an only child and has never felt the love of an older sibling doesn't mean that Tamen shouldn't act like one."

"At least I still have my parents."

"Okay. Karoosh there was no need to there. And Sayla what you said not only hurt him but me also. And sensei shouldn't you be the mature one here?"

"What? I wasn't listening. I was to busy reading my book. Well Sayla has completed the assignment so she can go to the bridge. Karoosh, you and Tamen will only join Sayla at the bridge when your assignment is complete. As for me, I'm gonna go back to sleep."

So Sayla went to the bridge to protect it. Sensei went home and me and Tamen went back to our training. All the time I was alerted that anyone could attack us at this point as we were in a vulnerable state and also we were already attacked twice on the way here and I am sure that the excitement is not over yet.

The next day Sayla and our friendly builder went out to get some groceries. While walking to the market, Sayla saw the miserable life of the people here.

"No nation in the world deserves to live like this."said Sayla.

"It's been this way ever since Gato illegally took control of the sea routes. As I said before we don't have any Bridges that connect us. The completion​​ of this bridge will eliminate Gato's power. My name is Hanzo by the way."

"Oh yeah. We forgot to ask your name. So Gato doesn't let you trade?"

"Nope. We have very little food and water.It's a miracle that we are still alive."

When Sayla and Hanzo were at the super market discussing about the prices, some guy came and touched Sayla. She turned around and punched the guy in the face.

Hanzo said"The girls here aren't as strong and brave as you."

"Well they have to be. There is no respect for personal space."

When they were going back home, Sayla was touched again. She turned around intending to punch but she saw a little boy who just wanted some money. She smiled and gave him some money.

In the forest, I was sleeping on the ground while Tamen was back at Hanzo's home. I was waken up by a voice.

"Wake up. You will get a cold if you sleep out here."

I woke up to see a girl staring at me.

"Who are you?"I asked.

"That's​ not important. Why are you here?"she said.

"Well, I am a warrior and I was training. My sensei gave my team a training excercise. I was up all night and I still haven't got it."

"It will come to you. I know. You will get stronger when it comes to protecting someone or something you love. That is how most people get stronger."

"Thanks for the inspiration. I'm sure it will help."

"I have to go now. My master sent me to collect some berries and I don't wanna keep him waiting." She says as she walks away.

"By the way, I'm a boy."

"WHAT!!!??? I ALMOST FELL IN LOVE YOU!!"

After he was gone, Tamen arrived.

"What was that about?"he asked.

"Nothing. Just some guy found me while I sleeping out here. Let's get back to training."

"Right."

So we went right back to training. We have been trying to do the same excercise over and over again. It took us all day but we did it. At night time, both of us were standing on top of our trees and we were smiling towards each other.

"Shall we go home Karoosh?"

"Alright."

We went back home.

"Hey guys. We did it. It took us a while but we did it."I said.