Chapter 24

Today is the day we get locked in the forest for two whole weeks. We had to meet the invigilator and Liu sensei outside of the forest and we were late. We quickly got ready and went out. We met Sayla on the way since she was also running late. Together we ran to the forest to see Anko and Liu sensei already there.

"You guys are late."said Liu sensei.

"Yeah. We know."I said.

"So you will be locked in the forest for weeks. Your goal is to collect these two scrolls."said Anko as she showed us the scrolls. One had heaven written on it. The other had earth written on it. "Once you collect these scrolls, go to the tower at the center of the forest. There you will meet a selected warrior and they will brief you about the third part. There are same number as earth scrolls as there are teams but there are fewer number of heaven scrolls. You will find these scrolls scattered across the forest and you can even fight other teams to get their scrolls if they have any. If you make it to the center of forest with the two scrolls then you are free untill the two weeks are over."said Anko.

She gave us the signal and we went in. Our mission to find the scrolls and take them to the center. In my personal opinion, finding two scrolls in the middle of a large forest is a good way to test if the participating warriors are worthy of a promotion. But it is very difficult especially if they're hidden. Really, they're hidden in obvious places. Places that we never expected. We discovered one earth scroll when we set up camp. I laid out my sleeping bag and I had actually laid down on it when I noticed something below my back. When I lifted up my sleeping bag, I found out that it was an earth scroll. We were so lucky. When Anko said that the scrolls were scattered all over the forest, I thought that they would be placed randomly but actually they were pretty tough to spot. A lot of time must be spent hiding these scrolls.

We spent two days searching for the heaven scroll. It was at the third day while we were searching, I noticed some bodies lying on ground. We went closer. Three of them were warriors that were participating in the exams and three of them were medical warriors.

"This is not good."I said.

"Yeah. What screams trouble more than dead bodies?"said Tamen.

In the hand of one of the bodies was a heaven scroll.

"Look. There's a scroll in his hand."said Sayla as she pointed towards the dead body.

"Let's take it and hurry to the center of the village before we end up like these warriors."said Tamen.

"TOO LATE!!!!"said an unfamiliar voice.

Just then a another warrior came from the leaves. He looked dangerous and he was dangerous, for he was no ordinary warrior. He was Takkar.

TO BE CONTINUED