Secrets

Matt
Matt was sitting in the lion that "Shiro" had brought them in. He knew he should believe his old friend but he couldn't bring himself to believe otherwise. He had witnessed one of the illusions that Haggar made "Pidge" go through. It was four people in different colored armour walking up to the small child. Matt wasn't able to make them out, or what they were saying but he knew they were fake. He had tried to tell his friend that they were fake but he doubted he could be heard from three cells away. As soon as his friend got up to leave with the illusion, the illusion wore off and the galra picked him up and took him to the chambers. Matt's stomach turned at the memory and he tried to focus on something else. Shiro had changed from when he last saw him. Shiro had gotten more muscular and got white hair on his bangs. He had a large scar running across his nose and he had a permanent serious expression. The biggest difference, though, was his large robotic arm attached to his right shoulder. He didn't know where it came from but Matt was sure it came from the galra.

The lion was cramped and had no room for his friend- Shiro said Pidge? The name sounded familiar but he couldn't place where it came from. Pidge laid on the flattest surface they could find on the lion and he had a blanket laid on him. Pidge's breathing was shallow and he was shaking. Matt was used to this but he couldn't help but smile at the way Pidge looked in his sleep. Suddenly Pidge's eyes opened and he looked around frantically. His eyes landed on Matt and he visibly relaxed. Matt smiled at him and worded "We're free," to Pidge in attempt to make him feel better. Pidge's eyes opened a little more and he leaned his head to the left and closed his eyes. Matt was glad Pidge was getting some sleep. They had barely been able to sleep with the enchantments of the purple galra lights. Somehow though, Pidge could sometimes doze off when he came back from the chamber. Matt shivered at the memory of the chambers. He himself had never been tortured but he remembered seeing Pidge for the first time, screaming and kicking promising that he would escape. He remembered when they took Pidge and brought him back limp and damaged. He was shaking and when they dropped him in the cage. He clawed his way to the corner of the room with his eyes darting around the room in fear. Matt pushed the memory out if his mind and tried to think of something happier. He remembered his home at Earth. His mother and sister. He chuckled at the memory of Katie, his sister, who was always energetic and surrounded by technology. He remembered her long hair and electric eyes. He missed her.

At the thought of his sister, Matt remembered Shiro calling Pidge a she? "Shiro," Matt called. Shiro leaned back in his seat and looked back at Matt with a questioning look. "Earlier you called Pidge a 'She'..." he trailed off. Shiro bit his lip and grimaced. "Yeah... there is some stuff you don't know about Pidge..." Matt studied Pidge's face noticing that his facial features were closer together and a lot more feminine then he realized. "Pidge is a girl?" He asked. Shiro nodded but his face was still tense, as if there were more that he didn't want to say. "There's more." Matt stated plainly. Shiro looked at him shocked and then grimaced again. "Yeah, remember your sister?" He said hesitantly. Matt scoffed at Shiro's attempt to change the subject. He opened his mouth to confront this before a memory hit him like a truck. He remembered the day Katie ran home crying and she ran into his mom. He remembered his mom calling her pideon. That was the family nickname for her. Pidge... Shiro must have seen his expression because he whispered hoarsely, "Im so sorry." Matt felt his eyes widen and he looked at Pidge again and the faint similarities between the limp damaged body infront of him and his smiling sister came crashing down at him. She was here.

His Katie.