Comfort

Heyyyyyyy! It's a short chappie but it's finally out. (Lol quoting my friend right now). I'll actually put up the new cover tomorrow because I want to get more votes so please vote! Hope you like the chapter.  Also just to clear things up, Pidge and Matt can sometimes kinda use telepathy. Like they can access the memories of the other. So yeah, Enjoy! Also dedicating this chapter to @depressed_pegacorn for the sweet comment! Enjoy!

Matt

He gasped and shot himself into a sitting position. He looked around breathing heavily and sweat dripping down his back.

Katie was still in a healing pod, but she was not fidgeting. She had her handcuffs back on.

After concluding what Matt saw was a dream he let out a huge sigh and laid himself on the floor next to Katie's pod.

He put his head down and tried to sleep, unaware of the person watching him.

Shiro

He woke up feeling his hair sticking to his forehead and his breathing was labored.

He tried to remember his nightmare but he always forgot them.

He frowned but got up and walked to the bathroom.

After taking a shower he walked out into the hallway still wearing pajamas.

He couldn't find his normal clothing and assumed it was Lance trying to get him annoyed.

He trudged across the hall hearing voices in the dining room. He walked in and saw all the paladins and Matt sitting at the table talking with each other.

Lance gave him a smirk and Hunk and Keith looked confused at his attire.

He was wearing a loose T-shirt and shorts, which was pretty normal, but considering that his normal outfit was very different than this it was enough to make him look weird.

He looked over to see Matt eyes wide and after fully taking in Shiro's outfit, he snorted and almost choked on his food.

Shiro was more than confused.

After recovering, Matt started laughing with his clutching his forehead.

"Rule boy went to the gym again!"

He said during his fit and that's when Shiro realized what this was about.

He remembered when he went to the gym near Matt's house before the space mission. He was wearing the same outfit. He tripped on the treadmill while trying to do something Matt was able to do.

Shiro groaned and put his head in his hand. The rest of the paladins looked confused at Shiro's reaction.

Matt's laughter died and he tried to explain what happened, despite Shiro's protests.

"We went to the gym near my house and Shiro was wearing the EXACT thing he's wearing right now. When we were on the treadmills I showed him how I could jump up, stay there by holding on to the treadmill, and continue running right when I fall. HE tried doing it but tripped on the treadmill and he fell flat on his face. It was AMAZING." Matt said chuckling.

Shiro glared at Matt but smiled nonetheless. It was the first time Matt laughed and had a genuine smile since they came back from the prison.

It was comforting, and little did he know that there was someone in a healing pod who was thinking the same thing.

~Reha