Nightmares

I don't own Voltron. Also, what do you guys think of the cover I made for the story? I asked a cover artist to make one for this story but I kinda like mine! It doesn't have a watermark but I don't think it needs one. Listen to the song while you read the story! Enjoy!

Unedited!

Matt

He continued to stare at his sister's pod, remembering every detail of every memory they had together. He was anxious, to say the least.

He knew that Katie not remembering anything was a big possibility but he held on to the hope that she would be in prime condition when she came out.

If she was even human.

He shuddered, remembering his mistake. The consequence of his actions.

It was his fault.

He tried to forget but the memory of Haggar pulling Katie's head back by tugging her hair. The feeling of despair when he saw one of her eyes was yellow.

He hit his arm against the pod in frustration. What if she hates him now? She has a good reason too.

He laughed bitterly. He remembered Shiro's reaction when he saw Katie's condition for the first time.

He couldn't tell them.

But the weight of it was crushing his shoulders.

He sighed and slid his back against the pod, falling into a sitting position. He felt small memories that weren't his tugging on his mind.

He had concluded that since they had stayed in healing pods together, they could see each other's memories. He was particularly fond of the one where Katie training with her friends.

Katie had just finished fighting her gladiator and was walking back to the rest of the paladins, sweat dripping down her back.

Hunk was sitting in a criss-cross position eating what looked like a sandwich. Keith was sitting and sharpened his galra sword. Lance was laying on the floor with his legs swinging around.

Katie walked in on their moment of silence, but they ignored her and continued to do what they were doing. She let out a sigh.

Shiro looked up from his daze and smiled at her. She smiled back and watched Allura and Coran come down to where all the paladins were resting.

They all started having small talk after Allura scolded them for resting. Lance brought up the subject of the Hokey Pokey.

"What is that?" Allura asked, interested. Lance's eyes widened. "You don't know what the Hokey Pokey is?" Allura shook her head, now thoroughly confused.

Katie piped up "It's an Earthern sort of dance for kids? I can't describe it too we-"

"You put your right foot in, you take your right foot out. You put your left foot in and shake it all about!" Lance started singing, shaking his feet in the air. Katie snorted.

Hunk smiled and continued the song. "You do the Hokey Pokey and you tur-"

"Stab Zarkon to death." Keith interrupted, clearly pissed at Lance poking him to sing as well. Lance pouted and the mood dropped.

Katie smiled widely and fell on the floor spreading her arms. Shiro's eyes widened. "That's what it's all about!"She sang.

The Paladins all burst out laughing and even Coran and Allura who were confused more than ever, chuckled a bit.

Matt smiled, happy knowing that Katie was living a good life with her new friends. 

He suddenly felt a burst of panic.

He could instantly tell by the way the feeling registered in his brain and not his heart, that this was a feeling that currently belonged to Katie.

He spun around and looked up at Katie who was breathing heavily. He noticed that she didn't have the handcuffs anymore. How did that happen? They were there second ago.

Another memory nagged at his mind and he searched it trying to find answers.

The problem was, the memory was his.

He sat in the corner of the cell screaming in pain. Katie was in the other corner, her hands shackled. Her eyes were wide in fear and tears were falling down her face. She struggled against the chains, her effort to help him breaking his heart.

Haggar saw the way he looked at Katie and gave a gruesome smile. "I see." Haggar croaked.

"This little one seems to be particularly fond of you..." Her voice trailed off. His eyes widened.

No.

"Don't touch him!" He yelled. If he only knew that the 'him' he was referring to was his sister.

Haggar smirked. "Are you done witnessing your dear brother here? Would you care to answer my questions now?" He was an idiot for not realizing it sooner. He thought the witch said 'brother' to mock Katie.

Katie had a determined look in her eye. She looked at Matt with an apologetic face. She shook her head and looked up at Hagar with more confidence than he thought she could ever muster.

Haggar sneered and a bolt lightning formed in her hand. "NO!" He yelled. Haggar turned to look at him. "Consider this your punishment."

His voice died in his throat. Haggar hit Katie with the bolt and she screamed with no sound. Katie fell and he sobbed.

Haggar grabbed a fistful of her hair and forced her head up. Katie opened her eyes. Her usual dull amber eyes looked lifeless.

That wasn't the problem.

Her other eye flashed the color yellow before pidge let out another blood curdling scream. He could hear her this time.

Haggar gave a fake sympathetic. "Yes, it does hurt if done unwillingly. Well, we can't get everything the way we want.

You will make a wonderful apprentice."

AHHHHHHH! This hurt to type! But don't hate me yet. The next chapter is slightly better! Hope you guys enjoyed! I put one of my favorite songs in this chapter just cuz I think it fits this chapter. And the whole the story actually... 

Love Ya!

A paper crown, and a heart made of glass
A tattered gown, and her kingdom of ash
She walks alone, she can never look back
The story of a queen whose castle has fallen to the sea

She'll make it out, but she's never the same
She's looking down, at the scars that remain
But you hold your ground, though your kingdoms in flames
Cause it's the story of a queen whose castle has fallen to the sea
Knowing there's no one who will be a king that will come and save his queen

When all she needs, when all she wants, when all she finds
When all she is, and ever was, is compromised
Cause there's no one to love her
When you build your walls too high
And there's no one to love you when you build your walls too high

~Reha