Friendships

I don't own Voltron. 

Shiro

The rest of the team froze. Allura's expression turned grim. She knew Pidge getting tortured was a big possibility. Keith was fuming. Whether he was mad at Shiro or the galra he wasn't sure. Probably both. Shiro stood his ground. Keith looked as if he would explode.

 Before anything could happen Lance put his arm on his shoulder. "Keith?" He said gently. Keith looked up and he let out a large exhale. "Why don't we go practice on the training deck?" Lance asked, his softness surprising Shiro. Since when was Lance gentle toward Keith?

 Keith nodded and murmured something he couldn't catch. He and Lance walked out and Lance gave Shiro an apologetic look. Hunk bit his fingertips anxiously. "How bad was it? Like I know she would be tortured somehow, and I know she looked bad but how bad? Does she still remember us? She wasn't awake when I saw her..." his voice trailed off. 

Shiro bit his tongue. He had a similar question himself. He had a good idea of the extent of her torture but was her brain damaged? He shivered. Hunk pursed his lip. He gave up on asking Shiro. "I'm going to go eat some space goo." He said, understanding Shiro's dilemma. When Hunk left, Shiro walked toward Matt's pod. He slept peacefully. Every so often his eye would twitch from nightmares but other than that, he didn't move too much. Shiro remembered the Garrison days when Shiro and Matt were best friends.

"I bet I could imitate Shiro the best," Matt said smugly. The rest of the boys in the circle let out exasperated breaths. "Yeah duh! You both are practically brothers!" A boy shouted.
17-year-old Shiro snickered. "If he was my brother I would kill myself." He stated. Matt rolled his eyes. "If I was your brother I would help you kill yourself." 

Shiro scoffed and before he could retort, a professor appeared in the doorway. "You all are an hour past curfew! Go to your rooms!" He chided. The boys all groaned and left grudgingly. The professor glared at Matt and Shiro before closing the door. "Welp! Time to sleep!" Shiro announced. He stood up and stretched his arms as he went to the closet and changed into his pajamas. Matt didn't join him.

Shiro turned around now fully clothed. "You coming?" Matt looked up at him and smiled. "Hey rule boy? Do you think you could be a rebel today?" Shiro looked at his friend in confusion. 

Rule boy?

Rebel?

"What do you mean?" Shiro asked. Matt smirked. "I'm want to do something but it will cost me to break the rules. Do you want to join?" Shiro crossed his arms. He was NOT a rule boy. "Sure," he said. 

Matt slid off the top bunk and went on his knees to stick his hand under Shiro's bunk. "What are you doing?" Shiro asked. "Just- mmph- Change," Matt said half hi head under the bed. 

Shiro shrugged and changed back into a black t-shirt and jeans. When he was done he saw Matt pull out a bag from under the bed. He slung it over his shoulder and looked at Shiro. "You ready?" Shiro nodded.

"Why the bag? What are we doing?" Shiro asked, slightly concerned. "Don't worry your little head about it," Matt said. Shiro snorted. "Yeah, I'M little," he said. Matt stuck his tongue out at Shiro but marched forward. He opened the door and hugged the wall as he walked. 

[Lazy time skip] \_("/)_/

They mad it to the roof. "Why are we on the roof?" Shiro asked. "Stop asking so many questions." "This is the first question I've asked you since we left the room." "That's one too many." Matt huffed as he tried to climb higher. 

once they reached the highest point on the Garrison building, Matt emptied out his bag to reveal a miniature telescope. "Oh, so you came here to star gaze and meditate." Shiro mocked. "No, i'm planet gazing. Unknown planet gazing."

Shiro raised an eyebrow. "Really?" 

"Yup! I found an unknown planet with this super efficient telescope I stole from professor Montgomery. And so-"

"Wait you stol-"

"Someday, I'm going to name that planet and explore it and your coming with me."

Shiro smirked. "And what are you going to call it oh wise one."

"Kerberos."

Hope you enjoyed!

~Reha