Breakfast

Pidge

When Matt said that they needed to talk, she didn't expect it to be so casual.

----------------------------

"We need to talk."

She shifted uncomfortably against his chest, guilt settling in her stomach.

"What about?" She asked nervously.

"I just wanted to ask you two questions, I swear." He let go of her and put both his hands up in surrender.

She chuckled. "Shoot."

His expression turned serious. "When you said that they were illusions,"

She cringed. Of course, that was the question, why not.

"Do you think it's possible that they aren't illusions?"

Her eyes widened. Of course, it was possible, but she didn't want to be disappointed. Besides, she didn't even know those people.

But they look so familiar.

That should've shown her that they weren't illusions, but that unnerving feeling that she was supposed to know those people freaked her out.

"Katie?"

Her head snapped up. "Umm... I mean... Could they be? I can't be a hundred percent sure whether they are real or not."

Even at her unsure answer, his face lit up. She didn't want to give him false hope but the hope in his face made her want to do anything but tell him otherwise.

"Ok, second question. Were you mad at me at all? Like, did you despise me at all for all the stuff that I... That I d-did? In the prison."

Now it was his turn to feel guilt. Her eyes widened and she gave him a sad smile, knowing exactly what he was talking about. "Matt. I don't blame you in the slightest for anything that happened. Everything and anything that happened in the prison was the Galra's fault."

He visibly relaxed then an easy smile appeared on his face. "How was life like? Before you were in the prison. I don't know if you remember any of it but..."

His voice trailed off. She gave a pained smile. "I can try!"

-----------------------------

Right now his arm was wrapped around her waist to keep her steady while she was walking. Yes, she had mostly healed, but she still had tight bandages around her stomach to keep stitches in place while she adapted to them, and she had a slight pain in her left leg that caused her to need assistance in walking.

After a few moments of them walking down the hall to eat breakfast, Matt spoke up. "Do you remember mom?" He asked, now only slight pain in his voice.

She had another slight headache. She usually got them when she tried to remember her past. A quick flash of warmth spread through her and she smiled. She didn't remember much about her mother, but she knew of nothing negative.

"I know that she was incredibly sweet. And I also remember that she would kiss our bruises and pretend that they would make the pain go away. Then the day after we would realize the pain actually was gone and we would be super amazed."

Matt chuckled. "I remember that too."

She tilted her head. "You don't remember everything that happened?"

He shook his head and sighed. "No, it's just that- Well it's been a while since I've been on Earth so I don't remember everything..."

She flinched at the reminder that he had been in Galra prison ALOT longer than she had. "Well, then we can help each other remember." She said with the biggest smile she could come up with.