Reaction

I don't own voltron. If I did though Shiro would not have- never mind SPOILERS!
Shiro

He leaned on a pillar as he watched the other paladins surround Pidge's healing pod. They were all talking and whispering to each other, discussing about what could've happened to Pidge while she was gone. He remembered what Allura said about Pidge's nightmares. It made him wonder personally what could've happened. He remembered how determined she was when she found out that her brother and father were in that prison. She was so busy, her small frame running across the room trying to access all the altean technology. "Shiro let me go". He shuddered. "Shiro." He heard Allura's voice break him out of his thoughts. He lifted his head and gave Allura a questioning glance. "Have you ever met Pidge's brother?" She looked worried. "Yeah, why?" He asked. "It just worries me to have a person on board who has been in galra prison for more than a year..." she said hesitantly. "I understand what your worries are Allura, but I've known Matt for a very long time. I sincerely doubt his loyalties have changed." Allura didn't look convinced but she let it go. "Shiro there is something I need to tell you." She sounded concerned and she said her words slowly, as if she was scared of his reaction. "What is it?" He asked. "Was there anything different about Pidge when you got her. Not her injuries but her... umm..." she couldn't seem to think of a word. "No.. not that I know of?"He said prompting her to say what she wanted to say. "Oh, alright thank you." She turned and was about to walk back to the control panel when he called out to her. "What is different about her?" Allura but her lip. "She is giving off a strange amount quintessence. It isn't human."

The paladins went silent. Lance and hunk's eyes went wide. "What?" Keith said in a dangerously calm voice. Shiro pushed the hundred questions in his head away and he put a calm front. Allura shrinked away. "I have the ability, like most alteans, to vaguely feel the quintessence in other species. Humans have low quintessence but Pidge's was always exceptionally high. It might've just been her genes but right now the amount of quintessence she's giving isn't normal. It doesn't even seem like- never mind." She stopped herself. "What is it?" Allura bit her lip again. "I don't wish to worry you." She said. Shiro gave Keith a look seeing his angered expression. Keith glared at him but straightened up. Lance put an arm on his shoulder and Keith gave him a small smile. "I doubt this is true but...well...her being a D.. Druid is a possibility. I have heard stories about prisoners with high quintessence becoming dru-" "What?!" Hunk yelped. "B-But she's a human. She can't be... that." Allura shook her head. "You can't be born a Druid. There is a ceremony done to become a Druid. But she doesn't have the quintessence of a Druid. It is a lot more chaotic. Her quintessence is coming in random spikes. The level of quintessence seems like a Druid's but the spikes are throwing off my theory." Shiro felt his mind rest a little at the small hope that she was still human. He looked up and saw Matt's sleeping form. He felt himself go sick at the thought of Matt finding out his sister wasn't human anymore. He couldn't know. "Don't tell Matt." Shiro said. Everyone turned to face him, Including Coran who just entered the room. "What's going on?" Coran asked. ( I've been waiting for Coran to talk ;))"What?" Lance asked Shiro. "He is already worried and scared for her. I don't want this burden to be placed on him too." He said. Allura nodded. "I completely understand. In fact Matthew should be coming out in 4 hours." Hunk nodded. "How about Pidge?" "A day and a half should be good for her." Allura answered. Keith piped up again. "Why is she taking more time?" Allura shrugged and looked at Shiro. Shiro tensed. He couldn't tell them. "I- umm." Good job Shiro. You should win an award for the best answer given under stressful situations. "Shiro.." Keith prompted him. Shiro made up his mind. He gave a defeated sigh. "She was tortured." He said flatly, silently bracing for their reaction.

HEEYYYYY. SORRY! I updated sooo late, but, I finally got over my writers block! So expect a chapter every day. (Hopefully)
Let me know what you guys think! Creative criticism! (Also this chapter was Barely edited. Barely. 😁
~Reha