Restless

I don't own voltron. Unedited. Also who else likes the R title trend? ;)

Shiro

He felt a shiver go down his back as he remembered how all of this has started. What if the mission to Kerberos never happened? Would the galra still come to earth.

At one point they obviously would. It's a given. He sighed and walked over to Katie. She slept peacefully for the first time.

Her hair had gotten longer while she was at the prison and now reached a little below her shoulders. She was a lot bonier than before, but Shiro knew how Pidge could eat.

She would be fine.

Her lips formed a slight smile and her body relaxed. What was she dreaming about? He looked back at Matt and saw his face scrunch up.

It looked as if they were communicating. But they couldn't, not in the healing pods. It was probably just a coincidence.

He shrugged it off and looked at Katie again. After a few minutes her face tensed and her fists tightened. What?

Her chest was rising and falling at a faster speed and he knew she was probably having a nightmare.

BEEEEEEP

A sharp sound whistled in the room. He looked at Allura's panel to see Pidge's adrenaline and anxiety go up.

Allura rushed in the room having heard the sound. "Who is it?!" She asked. "It's Pidge! I don't know what happened! She was normal a few minutes ago!" He said, rushed and worried.

Allura nodded. "How did it happen exactly? Was she tense before, because that is normal."

"No! She was smiling actually."

"What?" Allura said, clearly confused. He opened his mouth to say something but Allura gasped.

He turned and saw Pidge's eyes were slightly open, she looked terrified.

She started moving around as much as she could in the pod and in her condition.

Allura huffed and had a determined look in her eye. She spun around and marched to the Panel.

"What is going on? What are you going to do to her?!" Shiro asked

"I'm trying to bring her back to unconsciousness." She said. Shiro nodded.

Pidge continued to fidget but she was slower now. Before she finally passed out he felt a large energy spike in the room.

He jumped back in surprise. "What was that?!" He exclaimed. "Those were the random energy spikes I spoke of." Allura answered.

Shiro nodded. "How are we going to stop this from happening again." Allura looked back. "What do you mean?" She asked.

"She could have a nightmare like this again. How can we stop it?" He asked again. Allura pondered for a moment before her eyes lit up. "I know!"

She sped walked to the back of one of the pods and brought out a pair of hand cuffs with a long wire connecting them.

"How is that supposed to help her?" He asked, having a feeling that giving Pidge hand cuffs while she was fidgeting wouldn't help her much.

"It has a small needle in each cuff that will give her a semi dreamless sleep and it will keep her from fidgeting to the point of hurting herself if the medicine wears off."

Shiro nodded. He watched as Allura walked over to the pod and tried to open it. When she opened he pod Pidge fell out. Allura caught her and gently set her on the ground to put the cuffs on her.

Shiro leaned against his pillars and let out a sigh. Allura looked back at Shiro and glared at him. "When was the last time you slept?"

He pressed his lips together.

It had been a while.

She shook her head. "Shiro go to sleep!" He tried to argue but his fatigue got the best of him. "Fine." He murmured.

He walked through the hall and watched as the lights turned on in front and turned off behind him.

He opened the door to his room and
Collapsed onto the bed. He stared at the barren walls of his room as he hastily fell asleep.

Heyyyyy. It's not the longest of chapters but hey, it's a chappie right?
Constructive criticism!
~Reha