Chapter 7

Should I write in Orion's POV?

 The early hours of light hasn't even begun to shine outside and you could practically smell the tension

The early hours of light hasn't even begun to shine outside and you could practically smell the tension. Almost everyone was already up and busying themselves with some sort of job or task. I could smell the beginnings of the packs dinner for tonight already behind prepared that would not be served until at least another dozen hours or more. The girls were gossiping as they cooked, worrying if the alpha would like the meals they have made. I could hear the maids, or in other words, omegas, going through each room and cleaning them to make  them more presentable. The men were outside training, trying to show off who was the best warrior, preparing to show off to their leader and head trainer. Their snarls and barks echoed through the chilly morning air, breaking the normal silence I heard every other morning.

I, myself, was still locked up in my room panicking. I was curled up in a ball in the corner of the tool. With my head between my knees. The reminisce or my nightmare still fresh in my mind.    I could almost physically hear my father's insults, even though he's not even here. I remember it vividly. It's when the abuse started getting worse.

I was around seven. I was cleaning up the dinner I made for Alpha Pierce. I wasn't allowed to called him father, he wouldn't let me. I made him his favorite, rare steak and mashed potatoes with gravy. I wanted to make him happy. When he was happy, he didn't hit me and sometimes, he let me eat some leftover food he didn't want.

I went upstairs, back into my bedroom in the attic. I was looking through some old boxes that were stacked up in the corner. I found and old leather book that had my mom's name written on the front in fancy, gold writing.
         Rosiline Marie Pierce
The book, a diary, talked about my father.
"He is a kind man. His smile makes my knees weak and his laugh melts my heart. He is very gentle, he always wanted to make me happy."
Almost the entire book was filled about my father, but not about her. It talked about his favorite color, places, people and the list goes on. It list her favorite things about him. I flipped to the next page but I was empty. I turned the page again only to find it blank. I kept flipping until I reached the back cover. 'I want to know about mommy.' I thought. I walked downstairs to see Alpha sitting on the couch. I was not allowed to sit on the furniture, I had to sit on the floor.
"Alpha?" His head tilted down towards me. "What was mommy like?"  I watched as his grey eyes ,that looked like mine, turn black. They filled with rage and hate. He stood up, towering over me and grabbed my throat.
"You killed her!" He threw me against the wall, my back slammed into it hard, denting the wall. He punched me in the face, hard. "You bastard child! You killed her!" I whimpered in pain and scooted back into the wall. My tail bone burned and pain shot up my back as I moved. Tears filled my eyes and blurred my vision. Alpha didn't like when I cried, he said it makes you weak. He turned away from me, clenching and unclenching his hands.
"D-Daddy?" I asked quietly, stuttering in fear.
He turned around quickly and grabbed my upper arms in his hands harshly. " I am not your father!" He yelled in my face while shaking me violently. He shoved me against the wall again and grabbed a fistful of my hair. He dragged me down the hall and opened the door to the basement. I've never been down there. He shoved me down the stairs. I went head first and my fave slammed onto one of the stairs. I tried to shield my head at I tumbled down the rest of the stairs. My back made contact with cold floor and I screamed in pain. I was dizzy and dazed. My vision was still blurry with tears. He walked down the stairs and kicked me in the ribs. I heard a 'crack' and I screamed again. Blood filled my lungs as my broken ribs stabbed into them. I coughed up blood, it was hard to breath. He kicked me again and I groaned. I wheezed in shallow breaths. He drug me by my hair and chained me to a wall, my back facing him. He walked away, I though it was over and I sighed in relief. He's never done more than hit and kick me. He walked back over and I expected him to unchain me but my happy thoughts were then ruined by another loud 'crack'. Something ripped the skin on my back apart and I screamed. He was whipping me. He hit me harder every time I screamed. I screamed and screamed, hoping for someone to come save me, but all it did was rip my vocal cords, so I could scream anymore.
"You are a bastard child!"
Hit.
"I hate you!"
Hit. Hit.
"I wish you would die!"
Hit.
"You killed your own mother!"
My vision starting fading to black and the last thing I heard was,
"Clean up your blood, I don't want it staining my floors."

I clutched at my ears, sobbing. I still had the scars on my back, they faded a lot but they were still a lighter color than my skin. I could feel my heart in my throat and I choked on a sob. I didn't want anyone hearing me. They would tell the Alpha and they would hit me for being weak. I cried silently until the sun started to peak through the trees. The sky turning a pink and purple color, reflecting off the white snow, also turning it pink and purple.

I needed to go. I needed to go away before someone caught me crying. I climbed out my window and went down the rain pipe drain that went down the side of the house. I ran into the coverage of the thick forest brush and shifted. I ran. I ran until it was heard to breathe. I ran until my muscles screamed at me to stop and my throat was burning for some water. I ran until I forgot. My heart was clenching in pain and sadness. I whimpered and my lip twitched. I stopped at a lake and laid out in the sun, drowning out my sorrows.

I stayed there until it was time for the Alpha to come home.