Chapter 8

Malia's POV
I knew I had to start heading back when I heard the purr of a car engine approaching from a few miles away. You could practically hear how expensive it was just from the noises coming from the car. I knew it had to be him, the infamous Alpha everyone was fussing over. There was nothing around this areas for miles, no one would have the need to come back here. I would know, I've spent that last week scavenging and trying to memorize the territory.

I looked to the west, the direction the car was coming from. The talk mountains stood in the distance, almost taunting me to run to them. All I had to do was run. I could escape the pack and the Alpha's rein. No one was around, no one was here to stop me. I could have freedom, all I had to do was be more carful next time, to not get caught.

I didn't. I didn't but I could've. I headed back east, instead of heading west. If I would've ran, it would have been a sign or disrespect to both the Alpha and the pack. They would hunt me down if they wanted, kill me as they pleased. Also, the beta probably already gave the Alpha the news that I was here.
I reached the pack house just as a sleek, matte black car pulled into the driveway. I pulled on my ripped black jeans and a maroon t-shirt Blaire gave me. I my outfit off with my leather ankle boots and shrugged on my leather jacket. I felt inadequate to be able to wear such nice clothing.

My plan was to avoid the Alpha for as long as I possible could. Well, pretty much avoid everyone for that matter. I walked out the front door was immediately overwhelmed by all the people. I've always hated crowds, hell, I even hated groups of people more than three, counting myself. Most of them were surrounding the car, exchanging greeting and hugs. I couldn't see the Alpha, there were to many people. I wanted to know what the man looked like, so he would be easier to avoid. The men were practically drooling over his car while the girls were gawking over  him and whispering to each other.

"Isn't that the Ferrari F12 Berlinetta?" Of course he would have a nice car, rubbing all of his riches.
" I don't know about his car, but I would love to take a ride on him." The blonde I met in the kitchen whispered to her group of similar friends. They all giggle annoyingly and shamelessly eye raped him. I ignored their crude comments and made my way to the back yard. There were tables spread all around the yard, at least a hundred.

Hundreds of people were talking and straightening the chairs to make them look perfect. Children were running in between the tables and trees, laughing without a care in the world. I walked around all the commotion with my head towards the ground and leaned up against a thick trunk of an older elm.
I concealed myself the best I could in the shadow of the tree, waiting for him to come to me.
It was almost as if we were playing a game of of hide and seek. He was it and I was determined to win.

Orion's POV
I was dying to stand up and stretch my sore legs. My wolf was giving me a headache, complaining on how I haven't let him run in a while. Pain in my ass.
Shut up. My wolf replied back to me in my head. I rolled my eyes and got out of my car. Instantly, my pack members swarmed me. My parents came to hug me first. My father,the previous alpha shook my hand and gave me a firm pat on the back. My mother, the Luna gave me a warm embrace. I had come up empty handed again, no signs of of mate anywhere. That's why my mother was still the Luna of my pack. I have been leaving my territory in search of my mate for three years now. Mates were supposed to find each other soon after their first shift, maybe and very rarely, a year after. I'm now twenty-one. It has been five years since I've shifted. I should have found her by now. My pack members greeted me one by one. They were waiting for their new Luna to come home, too. They again threw a 'welcome home' party for me again. I was in no mood to party or socialize. I would have to see all the couples and mated wolfs and to be honest, I'm jealous.