Chapter 57

A huge thank you to all of you because I got over 1000 followers in less than three months and that's insane. I never knew that this book would be this popular and such a short amount of time and I am so thankful for all of you.

A special shout of to RainbowDashIsDerpy for this amazing cover! Thank you!

Warning! A bit of gore in this chapter. I will put a warning were it begins for those who want to read the beginning of this chapter! It's not to bad or very descriptive but just a warning for those who are very sensitive.

 I will put a warning were it begins for those who want to read the beginning of this chapter! It's not to bad or very descriptive but just a warning for those who are very sensitive

New beginnings were brought forth as Spring began, the snow melting and new life began to flourish. No longer did my fur blend into the colorless snow but stood out against the bright and vibrant colors. Fields of wildflowers turned the air sweet and the sounds of baby animals enchanted the forest with a sense of life.

Not only did the seasons change but I did as well. No longer did I constantly fear every noise I encountered. No longer did I suffer alone since I have found people who understood me. Nor did I fear the touch of others, fear to trust the ones I am destined to. Stronger is what I felt, not the helplessness I encountered for endless years of my life.

I felt free, running into woods that I used to use as an escape. For the first time, I was running just because I felt like it, not as an escape from my past, my trouble and fears. With my tongue hanging out of my mouth, panting with a smile on my face, I had my first taste of freedom. The taste of fresh, clean air, clear spring water and the sweet honey suckles that lingered in the air was what lingered on my tongue.

My wolf let out a happy yip as she carelessly chased a vibrant colored butterfly around a clearing. With her front down and her tail wagging in the air, she pounced upwards, only to have missed her prey. Swatting at the insect, she only hit air but she was far from disappointed. Out here, she felt warmth, the sunlight beaming down her her pelt, filling her with the upmost content.

My ears twitched forwards and my head snapped up as the wildlife in the forest ceased. The crickets no longer chirping and the birds sang no more. Scanning my surroundings, I let with white butterfly with curved wings get away, bringing my joyful mood it.

A faint footstep sounded behind and I spun around, growling out in warning. A man in a black coat pulled out a vial and threw it into my face. A searing hot burning sensation overcame my skin and I howled out loudly in pain. My bones started to snap out of place and my joints rearranged themselves as I shifted involuntarily. Blindly, I stumbled around, crying out in pain and not being able to open my eyes.

With his front pressed against my back, his held me tight against him with his arm around my waist. Pulling against him, I went to scream but his free hand pressed against my mouth, refraining me to do so.

Warning! Gore begins here!

"Nuh uh, you naughty bitch." He spat in my ear, his rancid breath burning my nostrils. Straining against him, I pulled and squirmed, screaming into his hand.

"I'm going to have the pleasure of watching you burn." He laughed. "You and your friends are going to burn just like those other bitches years ago." As I violently shook my head his hand slipped, allowing me to latch onto his finger. I clamped my jaw down until I heard it snap, blood filling my mouth and his scream rang in my ear. Taking my chance, I pulled away from him and spat his finger onto the ground.

"I'm not going to let that happen."

"Oh really?" He mocked and I nodded my head. "We're coming, they are coming." He suddenly sprang forward, pinning me against a tree by my throat. Clawing at his hands, I desperately tried to get air back into my lungs.

"And you are all going to die." I managed to catch the faint scent of cedar with my panicked gasping. A pair of hands wrapped around the rogue's head before twisting it, snapping his neck until his head was at an odd angle.

As the body tumbled onto the forest floor, I fell forward into Orion's arms. My breathing was heavy and uneven, lungs craving as much oxygen as they could get. Unknowingly, I started sobbing into his neck as he picked me up.

"Shhh shhhh, it's okay." He whispered into my ear, rubbing my back soothingly. "It's okay, you're okay. I am here and you are safe."

"Thank you." I sobbed.

"You scared me half to death." He said as he shifted me closer to his body. "I felt your panic but when I tried to mind-link you, you had me blocked off." He hooked in a long and ragged breath. "I thought I was going loose you." He choked out.

"I'm sorry." I hugged his neck tighter. "I'm so sorry."

"It's okay. You're okay." He said it as if he were trying of convince himself, not me. My sobbing instantly stopped as I remembered his words.

"They are coming." I whispered. "They are coming." I repeated.