Chapter 53

"The first few years of my life, I didn't even know who my true father was

"The first few years of my life, I didn't even know who my true father was." I kept my voice monotonous, staring blankly at the wall in front of me. The bed below me shifted as Orion changed his position behind me, hit attention fully on me. He suggested we'd move up here, though I didn't know the reason and I didn't ask why.

"My mother died giving birth to me. Instead of taking care of me, the Alpha, my father, gave me to the Beta family. He claimed that he was grieving and needed time, that he couldn't handle taking care of a child at the moment."

I paused for a moment before letting out a small, humorless laugh. "I ended up stay with them for the first four years of my life, thinking that they were my parents. They told me I wasn't their child, that they weren't my parents, and that confused me. But, I was a child, so I couldn't even be bothered to ask what they were talking about. When I was around four, they got pregnant and needed the space I was taking up for their child. So, I moved back into my true household, with the Alpha." I picked at the dirt beneath my nails.

"At first, I only had to do the cleaning, and as I grew older, I had to cook as well. I went to school, got good grades and did whatever he wanted, just so he would be pleased with me. He wasn't violent at all, only yelling at me when I did something wrong, like all parents do. Then-," I paused and took a deep breath to calm myself. "then one day, everything changed."

"He hit me for the first time, when I asked about my mother. Started beating me and screaming that it was my fault she was gone." I made sure to let no emotion come through my voice, not wanting to sound weak, pathetic. "He apologized the next day, but it only grew worse after that. He hit me more often, apologizing but eventually, he stopped saying that it was an accident, that he was sorry." A tear escaped my eye and I hastily wiped it away before it had a chance to slip down my cheek.

"He started bringing random women home, smelling like beer and other things that I couldn't identify at the time. Eventually, he just started to hit me when he wanted to, when he felt like he needed a release. He always smelt like alcohol after that, a new women being brought home every night." Putting my head down in shame, I blocked my face with my hair.

"Then, during the sixth grade, people started noticing my strange behavior, the bruising that I brought to school everyday. Teachers started asking me what was wrong and I had to lie to them. Knowing that he would get caught, he withdrew me from school, keeping me locked away."

"With each passing day, he got worse and worse. Beer bottles everywhere and random drugs were in bags with needles and burnt spoons. That is when I learned to hunt and survive on my own. I wasn't allow to eat the food I made so I had to get my own food. The pack started falling apart, rouges and humans roamed our lands and money was running out."This time, when a tear threatened to make itself known, I let it.