Chapter 55

But first, a shout out to De_Freyster for this amazing cover! Thank you so much!

But first, a shout out to  De_Freyster for this amazing cover! Thank you so much!

"I don't particularly like you at times either, Ryan." Ryland mocked. "But catching you in these kinds of situations always seems to make my day." He laughed.

"This is the only time you've caught me in this type of situation." I reminded him as I slowly set Malia on the ground, making sure her legs were strong enough to hold her up. He all but shrugged in the corner of my eye.

"Anyways," He started and kicked a stray rock away from his foot. "a meeting had been adjourned by my trackers and your presence is needed." I gave him a nod and waited for him to take his leave, but he didn't even move. "Though it was entertaining to see you guys get it on, seeing you naked would be a sight for sore eyes, my friend."

"Oh really?" I tested him as I rolled my eyes. "What about that time-"

"Don't you dare speak of it." He snapped, face turning as red as his hair. "It was one time!"

"You still seemed to enjoy yourself and what you saw." I turned my attention back to Malia. "Will you be okay while I'm gone?"

"Yeah." She still sounded breathless and I could hear her heart race in her chest.

"Alright." I tucked a piece of stray hair behind her ear, her pony tail had become messy and loose. "But you better eat a big lunch."

"So what is this meeting about?" I asked as I pushed open the door

"I sent some of my best trackers out to follow the Gordon when he showed up here." His footsteps staying close behind me as we walked up the stairs. "They managed to follow their scents all the way to their campsite. I told them to remain there and get as much information as possible. They only just now returned."

"Smart, but very dangerous. They could have been easily spotted and outnumbered if they were seen."

"Ag, but you see, they weren't. You always look at the bad side of things."