Chapter 54

The sun rained down and kissed his skin, glistening his sweat sheeted skin, making my cheeks burned when I got a full view of his abs

The sun rained down and kissed his skin, glistening his sweat sheeted skin, making my cheeks burned when I got a full view of his abs. He blocked a few jabs from his opponent before returning some of his own, knocking him to the ground before helping him back up. Orion patted him on the back before rubbing his head playfully, sending sweat flying and laughing. He suddenly looked up and noticed my staring and bright, rosy face, making him crack a huge grin. He said something to his sparing partner, clapped him on the back again and made his way over to me.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" His grin grew, showing of his perfect teeth, showcasing a small chip in one of them.  He didn't look at me any different, even after everything I told him last night.

"Um." I paused a bit confused. "Am I not supposed to be here?"

"Well, um." He leaned his head down and rubbed the back of his neck, drops of sweat dripping from his hair. "I just though that after last night, you would want to rest. "We were up pretty late. I left a note by your breakfast. Did you not read it." I shook my head and thought back from what happened this morning.

Groaning as the sunlight kissed my face through the curtains, I rolled over on the bed, my body meeting a cold spot. Peering my eyes open, I took in the fading scent that Orion's carried, realizing that I was alone. Slipping out of bed, I threw on a random pair of shorts and took of my shirt, putting on a shirt and shoving a sweatshirt over my head. There was no sign of Orion as I rushed down the stairs, except for his stake scent and a plate of bacon and eggs. Brushing off the plate, I rushed out the door, late for training.

"No." I shook my head again. "I though I was late so I can straight here."

"Sweetheart, you can't just not eat, especially before you train." His eyebrows furrow and his smile dropped. "Promise me that you will eat a big lunch?" He reached out and tucked a piece of my hair behind my ear so it wouldn't obstruct his view of me.

"Okay." I agreed.

"Well, you don't have to stay, if you don't want to. You know, if you aren't up for training."

"No, it's okay. I want to train." I reached up and ran my hands through my hair, pulling it up into a ponytail. With my left hand, I reached for my right wrist for a ponytail holder, but I didn't find one.

"Oh, um, here." Orion's face turned pink as he pulled one my hair ties of his wrist. As I reached for it, I raised my eyebrow, watching as his face turned from pink to red.

"Thank you but, why?" I had the pleasure to see his blush spread from his face to his ears and neck.

"It's, um." He paused, either looking for the right words or he was embarrassed. "It's the only thing I can wear that smells like you." I gave a small laugh and shook my head.

"You're to cute."

"Says you." His eyes scanned over my body and he laughed. "You look so adorable and in my clothes." Looking down, I notice that the jacket I was wearing was a bit oversized, coming down to cover my shorts entirely. Curious, I picked up the collar and placed it over my nose. Giving it a good whiff, his masculine scent drenched the article of clothing. Glancing up and noticing that he was staring at me with a grin, I dropped it from my nose, giving a blush myself.

"Come on." He held his hand out to me and I took it with little to no hesitation. Guiding me, he led us to a patch of dirt with a large circle drawn out around it. "Fight with me."

"What?" I asked appalled, eyes wide.

"Fight with me." He rolled his shoulders. "You came here to train, did you not?"

Crouching down, I got into a defensive position with me arms blocking my face and body. Sloppily, he threw a test jab at my side and I sidestepped away from it easily, as it was slow and nowhere near me. Jokingly, he threw a few more bad punches, which confused me even further. He wasn't even trying with me.

"I'm not going to actually hit you, Malia, I would ever hit you." We are working on skill and technique, not violence. That's what the punching bags and dummies are for." He informed me and managed to plant one on me. It was soft and held no power, not even a hard enough hit to move me. Testing him, I threw a quick, but gentle hit at his shoulder, making contact with hit muscled arm.

We played around a bit longer, punching and hitting, even a kick here and there. Laughing at each other when they tripped up or missed, I noticed that I was comfortable around him, that I was enjoying my time with him. I swiped at his face and while he was distracted, I placed my foot behind his, making him trip.

My instincts told me to cower away once he hit the ground, that it wasn't okay to win against an Alpha. He looked astonished as he lied there in the dirt but then let out a hearty laugh. His shoulders shook from the force of his laugh, which rumbled around the opened field. Holding my hand out, I helped him up off the ground once he took it in his.

"You're full of surprises, aren't you?" He busted out another laugh and placed his lips in mine. I was able to feel his smile against my lips, making me return one of my own.

He began to move his lips against mine, the mood becoming more serious. When his teeth nipped in my bottom lip, I began to return his kisses tentatively. Placing my arms around his neck, I weaved my fingers into his hair. He tugged me closer with his arm that was wrapped around my waist, placing his other his on my neck. Tilting my head up, he changed angles, deepening the kiss. When his tongue ran across my lip, I froze, not knowing what to do.

"Relax." He whispered. "Just let me in."

"Wha-" I was about to ask but his lips reconnected with my, his tongue slipping inside my mouth. My knees weakened as his tongue met mine, making him pick my up, my knees wrapping around his waist. Marching us into the forest, he pressed my back against a tree. I moaned as his tongue further explored my mouth, the sparks igniting a warmth in my belly. A hot, wet feeling pooled between my legs as his excitement pressed against my stomach. He growled against my mouth as my arousal lingered in the air, the smell of his own testosterone made my stomach burn even more.

"Finally getting some action I see, Ryan." A voice chuckled from beside me, making me pull away and bury my face into Orion's chest. His panting his my neck, making goosebumps arise.

"I truly hate you, Ryland."