Chapter 14

Hey guys! Feel free to send me covers you make for any of my books! You can message on Wattpad or Instagram! The account name is the same as my Wattpad!
Thank you
~Delta

Orion's POV
She declined my offer but requested if she could go to bed because she was tired. I quickly agreed, not wanting her to stay up of she was tired. I led her to my room, well soon-to-be our room.

 I led her to my room, well soon-to-be our room

(Orion's room^)

(But with this bed instead)

I felt quite upset that she decline my offer for food. As an Alpha, I am the one who provides the food and necessities for my pack. As a thank you, or appreciation for me for providing for them, they accept it by eating it and in return, provide for me. They either become workers, to help build homes for the pack, Warriors to help protect the pack, doctors to take care of the pack and so on. It's a way of saying they like me being in the Alpha position and want me to continue what I'm doing.

I've never seen her eat any food that was provided for the pack. I'm not saying it was disrespectful but it was slightly hurtful and upsetting. It was kind of saying that she didn't accept me as her Alpha and mate,and didn't want me to provide for her. An Alpha loves providing for his mate, as most males do.

I'm not saying it was disrespectful but I was upsetting that she was not eating the food that was provided for the pack. It was almost as if she was saying she did not accept me as her mate or Alpha by not accepting what I have to offer.

It was still early in the night, around 9, so I decided to be productive and catch up on all my paperwork that was being stacked up on my office desk. A neighboring pack was having rouge attacks. The neighboring Alpha was a good friend and ally of mine. I was trying to figure out a cause and plan for the situation with the information he gave me but I was really hard to focus. My mind kept shifting back to my mate, especially when I could smell her intoxicating scent just down the hall. I couldn't get her out of my head. How soft her hands hand were, how the sparks shot up my arm and warmed my body. I was to distracted to get any work done. I sighed, put everything into a manilla folder, and walked out.

As I neared my room, her scent got stronger. I took a deep breath when I was outside the door. My scent was mixed with hers, making my wolf growl in approval. I knew she wouldn't be comfortable with me sleeping in the same room, so I went in the guest bedroom across the hall. I took off my shirt and pants and climbed onto the bed. I fell asleep breathing in the faint scent of my mate who was just next door.

Malia's POV
I didn't get and sleep and I wasn't planning on it either. I was sitting against a wall, facing the bedroom door. I knew this was his room by the smell but I heard him walk into a room across from me. So, now I waited. My back was sore and my butt was numb but I didn't move. I waited for him to realize he made a mistake. I waited for him to barge into the room, grab me by my throat and throw my to the floor like a rag doll. I waited for him to come and and punish me for being in his room. To come snap my ribs, break my bones, paint his walls and floor with my blood then make me clean it up.

This time, I wasn't going to be caught by surprise. This time, I will be waiting and that's what I did. I stared at the bronze door knob the entire night.

Orion's POV
I reached my arm out to pull my mate closer to me but I was met with cold, empty sheets. I opened my eyes and sun glared onto my face. I groaned and sat up, rubbing my eyes. I got up, made the bed, and picked up the dirty clothes I left on the floor last night. I needed clean clothes and all my clothes were in my room.( uh...duh) I walked across the hall and knocked on the door. I didn't want to be rude and walk in on her. When I got no response, I decided she was sleeping or maybe in the shower.

I opened the door, expecting to see my mate sleeping or maybe in the bathroom but I was met with a made bed, empty room and a stale scent. I slipped on a random pair of athletic shorts and made my way downstairs.

Maybe she is down here?

I followers her stale scent until I reached the bottom. When I reached the ground floor, I called out, "Malia?" I followed her trail into the kitchen. It was completely empty except for a plate of french toast, sausage, and bacon with a side of scrambled eggs.

Malia's POV
I made he was still asleep when I made him breakfast. Made sure every dish and pan I used to make his it was washed and put back in the same place I found them. I didn't want him to wake up to no breakfast or a dirty kitchen, he would be mad. Mad means punishment, punishment means beating, and beating means pain. As soon as I was finished cleaning, I left the house and stalked into the woods.

It was now almost the afternoon. I tried to sleep but ended up having a small, fitful nap and awoke soon after.I was stalking a rabbit that was late getting back to its nest. I was to tired to take down anything bigger. The rabbit reminded me of myself, pure white, blending into the snowy terrain. Hiding in the fresh snow of the forest, not wanting to be seen or noticed by anyone, just like me.

I was taking light steps, my paw pads absorbing all sounds so I wouldn't be heard. As I got closer to my prey, I lowered closer to the ground, my soft underbelly scaling up against the cold, jagged forest floor. I crawled behind a bush and prepared myself to pounce.

I was about to jump out from behind my hiding spot but a sudden noise startled both me and my prey. My head snapped up as the rabbit ran deeper into the forest. I snapped my head up just in time to see his fluffy cotton tail disappear.

I tuned to snap at whoever ruined my hunt but jaw clamped shut as I was met  with a pair of green eyes.