Chapter 20

(Before Orion reaches Malia and just finds out about the situation.)

I was up and out of my chair as soon as my mate's name passed through her lips

I was up and out of my chair as soon as my mate's name passed through her lips. I moved so quick that my knees slammed against the underneath of my desk and my chair flipped over and slammed to the ground. I didn't even register the pain for I was to worried about my precious mate. Her state of health clouded and I couldn't focus on what Blaire was saying.

"Kids... Forest.... Rouges... Malia made me....." Were the only words I picked up. My muscles were tense with anticipation and worry, my hands clenching opening and closing.

"Where?" I growled out. It was the only word I could physically utter in that moment, my mind could only focused on what was important to itself. I grabbed a blanket off the couch in my office and quickly pulled open a draw in my desk and pulled out a pair of shorts.

"East border." I quickly brushed past her and ran down the stairs, she was quick to follow me. "I already told Caspian. He's already rounding up the Warriors and will meet you on the way." I muttered a thanks and slammed open the door so hard that the doorknob went through the wall. I didn't bother shutting it behind me. I ran into the woods and haphazardly through my clothes behind a random tree, dropping the blanket next to me.

I could feel rage expelling from my body in searing waves of anger. My body shook and I let out a loud, inhuman growl. Thick, black fur sprouted from my pores as my bones began to elongate and snap into place. My eyesight enhanced as well as my hearing and smell. The smell of unfamiliar wolves in my territory and the sounds of my mate's growls and painful whines had my muscles quivering underneath my skin. I grabbed the blanket into my mouth and took off towards the sounds.

"We are right behind you,Alpha." Caspian announced to me through the pack link. I gave out a growl letting him know I received his message, knowing he would hear it from somewhere behind me. I was to focused on the task at hand than to mind link him back.

I darted through the trees as the winds ruffled my fur. It would have relaxed me at and other point in time but it only made me angrier realizing how far I was from my mate in need of my protection. Bile leaped in my throat and my stomach dropped when I caught a whiff of her blood. I yanked my head back and let out a howl from deep in my chest, letting the managing mutts know I was coming to rip their head from their bodies. I rumbled with satisfaction at the mere thought of it.

I stopped at the edge of the clearing, trying to wrap my mind around what was in front of me. I couldn't comprehend on how this many rouges got past my border and my patrol without anyone acknowledging me about it. My beta and warriors ran a head of me and grabbed one by the throat and yanked him off my mate. I couldn't tell you for the life of me who it was but I will be forever grateful to them.

I dropped the blanket and stalked into he clearing, letting my dominance radiate and expel from my body. Her white fur was matted and soaked from her own blood and her skin was practically ripped to shreds. My wolf whined in my head and begged me to let him out so he could kill every last one of these pathetic creatures. I fought against him, my Malia needs me much more than my needs to rip out their throats and bathe in their blood.

I covered her body with my own, careful not to put my weigh on her and hurt more than she already was. I was hoping my warmth would seep into her because she was losing so much blood. I could feel the mating tingles on my underbelly, calming me down slightly knowing she was safe underneath my body.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a tiny, pathetically so, wolf approaching. It's fur was standing up on its back and it was growling. It was trying to make its self more it intimidating than it actually was, I could smell its fear leaking out of its body and it was shaking where it stood. I don't care if it was acting like a pup getting discipline and had no chance against me, it was a threat to my mate and harmed her. For that, he would pay.

I let out a deep growl, warning it off, and it scampered away with its tail stuck between its legs. Jay, one of my top warriors, pinned it to the ground with its mouth around its neck. I scanned the surroundings, all the rouge were laying around the forest floor, the only survivor was pinned beneath Jay.

"Bring him to the cells. Interrogate him and do anything you can to get anything out of him." I truly meant anything, except extreme torture. He threaten my mate and will get what he deserves.

"Yes,Alpha." As he dealt with the final rouge, I felt my mate shift underneath me, meaning her wolf was to weak to stay in her wolf form. I shifted back as well, making sure I still covered her body.

"Someone bring me the blanket!" Caspian stepped forward, the blanket in his outstretched hand and I grabbed it, sending him a grateful glance. All eyes were anywhere but my mate and I appreciated that. I quickly but gently wrapped her body and brought her close to my chest, trying to keep her warm. "Someone get a hold of the doctor! Tell him to be in the office before I get there!" I stood up, careful not to shake her around and began to quickly walk back.

My heart was in my throat and I couldn't swallow because it felt like there was a frog in my throat. I could feel my hands shaking as bad as Malia's quivering form and my was in its own state of paranoia. My eyes were trained on a blood stand that was slowly seeping through the blanket, getting bigger and bigger by the minute. She has to be okay, she has to.