✧one.༄

summer break

𐬿 𐮚 ミ★ ☆彡 𐮚 𐬿

𐬿 𐮚 ミ★ ☆彡 𐮚 𐬿

JUNE 1ST 1962, the day Scarlett Rae Porter was enthusiastically anticipating for had finally arrived, the girl was very glad to be departing from The California Boarding School for Troubled Girls for their yearly summer vacation. She hated the teachers, the excess amount of homework, eating countless bland meals and having to sleep on the same old spring mattress every academic semester. Scarlett didn't like that she had to live at the boarding school for the year and occasionally come home only for the holidays, she was more fond of the house she had grown up in, not at some school that bosses and orders you around.

The consequences of attending said school were; if you didn't pass a class in the quarter with a C- or higher, you were held back from traveling home for the whatever holiday was arriving around the corner. You were forced to stay behind and everyone else got to go back to their families while you were expected to bring the grade up. Luckily for Scarlett, she got to go home for the summer, not having been there in a little over a year. Scarlett wasn't fortunate enough around the Thanksgiving and Christmas/New Years break, from getting into mishaps with some of her fellow students, disrespecting many of her teachers and purposely failing most of her classes except for chorus--barely squeezing by with a C+. She fell into a depression during the holiday season and stopped doing her homework, not participating in class and bombed all of her tests for not paying attention, so she had to stayed behind,

Another reason to add onto her already suffering, Scarlett had grown used to being a target for bullying and false rumors that spread around the building at lightening speed, not much excepted from a bunch of bored hormonal teenage girls. There wasn't much to do other than going to classes and studying, playing a sport and participating in extracurricular activities, or hanging out with your friends and classmates. So, many found themselves enjoying in making the other girls lives miserable.

During Scarlett's first year when she was only eleven, she was scarred after founding out through the grapevines that seemed to keep everyone in the school connected, the first rumor that was spread around about her. The whispers were going on saying that she had already hooked up with the history teacher in a janitors closet, which was never true first off, but she couldn't help herself by mentioning to a random girl that she found the older man so attractive.

So, for that whole year she was called a 'slut' and a 'whore'.

It only stopped when her second year rolled around and another poor girl was shoved into the unwanted spotlight, Scarlett's name soon to fade away into the shadows. She knew for a fact that she would never stoop low to be with older men, it is a dangerous crime that her mother always got passionate about and her conclusion always coming to; most men aren't reliable and never seem to be fully satisfied, even with a wife and children. Her mother had always taught her to be independent, no matter the circumstances.