✧seven.༄

sweet treat

𐬿 𐮚 ミ★ ☆彡 𐮚 𐬿

𐬿 𐮚 ミ★ ☆彡 𐮚 𐬿

  "YEP, IT'S FRACTURED ALRIGHT." The doctor informed, gently touching around Scarlett's injured wrist.

This was one of their many hospital visits since that horrendous night. Helen wanted Scarlett to get a check up since they didn't use a condom, Helen wanted to stay on the safe side knowing that her daughter wasn't prescribed any birth control. She couldn't swallow the thought of her daughters rapist getting her pregnant. The girl had been complaining about her wrist hurting for the past couple of days, so Helen decided to take her to their family doctor to get it checked out and make sure that nothings broken.

"Do I need to wear a cast?" Scarlett asked blankly, no trail of emotion on her face.

The doctor shook his head before giving her instructions, "No, but you are going to wear a brace. Ice your wrist once every day until you come back in a couple of weeks and we'll see if it has improved."

"Thank you, doctor." Helen smiled tightly, he nodded.

The doctor smiled and glanced down at a clipboard that laid in his hands, "I'm going to get a nurse in here to put the brace on your wrist and send you with some ice, then you'll be all ready to go."

"Thank you." Scarlett whispered, the permanent frown still etched over her face. There was a storm brewing in the head of the girl as the rest of her body had turned numb, it's been like this since then and she didn't know when it'd stop.

The doctor nodded again before leaving the room to fetch a nurse. There was an eery silence that filled the air, Scarlett held a blank stare towards the plain wall in front of her and her mothers worried expression settled on her.

"How are you feeling?" Helen questioned, adjusting herself into the stiff cushion of the chair she was sitting on. Scarlett didn't move her gaze, instead of answering her mouth was sealed shut, not being able to spit out a single word. Her mother breathed out a sigh, not wanting to push her daughter after all that she's been through. Helen often wondered if the father of her children would have handled this situation differently.

Scarlett's father would've gone absolutely ballistic if he ever found out a boy put a finger on his little girl. Helen wished that he could have been here now to comfort their daughter, but he wasn't. She hoped that she would be able to do something so she didn't have to watch her little girl swallow herself whole.

A couple or so minutes passed until a nurse finally came in with the velcro brace, "Hello! How are y'all doing today?" The nurse greeted, happily.