✧fourteen.༄

let the games begin

𐬿 𐮚 ミ★ ☆彡 𐮚 𐬿

THE UPCOMING FUED WAS ALL SHE COULD THINK ABOUT. Scarlett Rae Porter couldn't help to admit that she was nervous for Benny and The Sandlot bunch, but she was ready for Jacob Phillips and his team to be shut down. She couldn't wait to see the look on his face after they defeated them, she didn't have a doubt in her mind that they were going to walk away the winners.

After Scarlett finished her daily routine, she skipped down the stairs and to her surprise most of their friends were piled in their family living room. The humidity was even worse downstairs and Scarlett wished that her house didn't get so hot easily. Some of the preteens acknowledged the girl as she passed them, she beelined towards the kitchen, her green eyes falling on a lean figure happily digging away at the meal on his plate. As she passed the dining room, out from the corner of her eye she saw the Darlington girl eating with David, not looking pleased by the amount of boys in the house. Even though she had her father by her side, the two were in an uncomfortable silence as they picked at their homemade meal, Jamie tried hiding her sad expression but the redhead could see right through her façade.

Scarlett couldn't help but feel bad for the brunette, even if she didn't like her, she knew how it felt to be alone and not know a singe person you're surrounded by unwillingly. She continued her way to the kitchen anyway, not quite ready to immediately kindle with the older teenager. Benny and Kenny sat together at the island, an open space between the two and Scarlett took the stool seeing as her mother was already preparing her a plate. The Jet smiled to greet his girlfriend before sliding his chair closer to hers, continuing to chew on his scrambled eggs. Scarlett leaned her chin on the palm of her hand, using her other one to place a soft hold on his thigh.

"Good morning, Scarlett." Helen gave her daughter a small smile, placing the dish of eggs and a couple slices of bacon arranged perfectly in front of her.

"Morning mom." Scarlett hummed, closing her blue eyes in comfort as Benny traced a finger along her arm.

The older redheaded woman eyed the action from her peripheral with a taste of bitterness falling on her tongue as she placed a round chocolate chip pancake on the porcelain plate, also sliding over the pitcher of syrup with a tight smile. Helen turned away, finally having the chance to grab a dish of her own after making sure that all of the children and the other adult in the home were fed first. It was something that she always did, even with Nikolas Porter, it was the way that she was raised and many generations before, she was the picture perfect housewife as some would say. She didn't like the thought of her daughter fooling around with a boy so soon after the incident, Scarlett Rae Porter needed to heal after such a deep wounded trauma, it was the reality and you couldn't just shake that off. Helen had plans to get her daughter the best professional help that she needed, even if she had to send her away again. It was something Helen thought about even if her daughter agreed with the idea or not. Scarlett hoped that if she showed that she was okay and improving exponentially , her mother and her step father wouldn't send her somewhere that was possibly even further than her current boarding school, she'd rather go back to the god forsaken school then have to start all over again.