✧eight.༄

apology accepted

𐬿 𐮚 ミ☆★彡 𐮚 𐬿

𐬿 𐮚 ミ☆★彡 𐮚 𐬿

  THE SAME DAY but later in the morning, Helen made breakfast for her children, not bothering to make a plate for the man sleeping on the couch. Scarlett sat on the love seat, her eyes glued to the paper in her hands.

David sighed tiredly, sitting up from the cushions as he stretched out his back, his eyes fell on the redhead sitting opposite of him, "You could've been more quiet this morning," He groaned, rubbing at his bagged eyes.

The girl ignored him, not bothering to glance at him as she continued reading. The man huffed, standing from his spot and moving in front of her, grabbing the magazine from her hands causing her to gaze up at him in disbelief.

"What do you want, old man?" Scarlett hissed, her eyebrows furrowed as she snatched back the magazine from his hands.

David rolled his eyes, "Did you hear what I just said?"

"No, I never bother listening to any of the words that come out of your mouth." Scarlett grinned proudly, going back to flipping through the pages, trying to find where she was before she was rudely interrupted.

The man scoffed, heading upstairs to get ready for work. Scarlett sighed in relief, her eyes staring at the glossed pages between her fingers. A few minutes later David returned and headed into the kitchen, a soft look on his face as his attention fell on the woman hovering over the warm stove, "Good morning, honey."

The redheaded woman ignored him, focusing on the food cooking in front of her. He sighed, kissing her forehead lightly before pulling away and grabbing a banana, heading out of the kitchen and leaving the Brasstin/Porter home. Helen frowned, watching him leave. The front door slammed shut which signaled that he had left for work.

After their mother served them plates stacked with food, the Porter siblings sitting around the table began to dig into the dish placed in front of them. Scarlett didn't eat much, using the metal in her hand to pick at the sausage rolling on her plater.

"Not hungry, dear?" Helen questioned, quickly chewing on the meat from her plate.

The girl shook her head, "Not really, I had a bowl of cereal earlier. I was too hungry."

Their mother gazed down at her lap in shame, "I'm sorry for not making dinner last night, kids. You guys don't deserve that and it won't ever happen again."

Tyler reached over the table to grasp her soft hands, smiling at the woman who birthed and raised him, "It's okay mom, we understand."