✧two.༄

baseball boy

𐬿 𐮚 ミ☆ ★彡 𐮚 𐬿

𐬿 𐮚 ミ☆ ★彡 𐮚 𐬿

  THE NIGHT BEFORE WAS UNBEARABLE FOR SCARLETT RAE, the girl hyperventilating and sobbing until the early hours of the morning. The time spent reminiscing her earlier years when she was younger and her father were still alive, when life was more simple and better. She couldn't fathom how different it was now, so dull and empty when the crinkled photographs proved the exact opposite, bright and happy, when she was just a little girl learning about the world she was growing up in. But now it felt like she had grown up too fast, tainted from the reality, despising the direction life had taken her and her family.

By the time the sun had risen above the horizon, the redheaded teen was still slumped over her bed, buried under the fluffy covers that she had begged for months ago, wearing the same outfit from the night before. Helen lightly knocked on her door and entered into the room without waiting for a response, knowing that Scarlett was most likely still sleeping. The mothers heart strings tugged at the sight of crunched photos on her daughters floor beside the window, already knowing who were standing in those photos.

Helen Brasstin (née Porter) had heard the crying all night long, as everyone in the household did, but no one dared to try and comfort the girl in her hysterical state. Scarlett was hard to tame, as she never had to be when Niko encouraged her to be wild and free. Nikolas Porter was one to let his daughter step on his toes, but Helen was not and it irked her that she allowed her Scarlett to grow into one who didn't take orders from anyone, not even herself.

Sitting down at the edge of her daughters bed, the woman swept a soft finger along the girls cheek, parting hair that fell in front of her face as she slept.

She sighed before gently shaking her exposed shoulder, "Coccinella, it's past twelve o'clock, you need to get up." Helen spoke with a soothing voice, she couldn't help but feel the guilt clawing at her throat from the events that happened the night before.

Scarlett groaned, her face slightly peeking out from under the covers as her red hair freely sprawled around her. She pouted, feeling the heaviness weighing down her eyelids, "I don't wanna, I'm too tired."

Helen let out an airy laugh, "You have to start the day sometime, go outside and hang out with your friends! How late did you stay up last night?" She already knew the answer to that, hearing her daughters cries kept her up, haunting her.

"I don't remember." Scarlett shrugged as she sat up, her bed head falling down over her eyes as her mother gently swooped it away and out of her face.

Helen noticed the red and puffy eyes, the clothes from last night still on her back and tear stains littering along the tank top but she thought it to be wise to not pester her about it, she already knew the troubles of Scarlett and the girl had shut her out of her emotions since she remarried. Helen couldn't blame her daughter or her sons for any of their displeased feelings, they deserved to have them but unfortunately, she had moved on, not wanting to hold onto the past and have it weigh her down, she wasn't the type of person to dwell on her sorrows for long.