✧ten.༄

pool bandits

𐬿 𐮚 ミ☆★彡 𐮚 𐬿

𐬿 𐮚 ミ☆★彡 𐮚 𐬿

THE CLEAR SKIES AND BLAZING SUN over the state of California made it out to be one of the hottest days this summer, with the highest of one-hundred degrees. There were two types of people in this kind of heat, the ones who stayed indoor with air conditioning while the others ventured outside and cooled off in bodies of water while soaking up the rays of sunshine. Scarlett never liked being hot, it made her miserable, so she preferred to stay indoors but she also loved to get a good tan.

While at The Sandlot, most of the teens were complaining about the high temperature and how they shouldn't play for the day. Scarlett was agreeing to just calling it off, but Benny was stubborn and did not want to do anything other than play baseball, even the heat wasn't going to stop him.

"C'mon Benny man, it's so hot! I'm cooking like a piece of bacon out here!" Ham whined as he leaned his sweaty back against the wooden bench. Scarlett giggled at her little brothers words, always finding amusement in his usual sarcasm.

Most of the tween boys sat on the worn down bench fanning themselves with their baseball caps and chugging on sodas from a cooler Kenny brought from his moms house to try and keep cool, but nothing was working under the unbearable heat. The mix of their sweat and body order grew into a stench but they all didn't care becuase they've unfortunately smelt worse- Ham's farting to be frank.

"Yeah, this soda isn't helping! I've never been so thirsty," Timmy roughly croaked, his mouth completely dry, his little brother drowsily repeating his words.

"Let's take a vote." Squints gulped, heavily fanning himself and Yeah-Yeah with his hat. The boys around him nodded in agreement, already knowing what the majority was going to vote for.

Benny stood up straight, "Okay, let's take a vote then! Anybody who wants be a... a can't hack it, pantywaisted... who wears their mamas bra, raise your hand." He finished off with a deep sigh as he looked around the group who were slumped in the dugout. Everyone except Benny raised their hands which caused Scarlett to accidentally choke on her Cola soda.

Benny looked at the girl in offense, "Scarlett! You're betraying me with these knuckleheads?!" He asked in disbelief, pretending to be hurt that his own girl voted against him.

Scarlett and Benny had grown inseparable since the night they shared their first kiss, many more following ever since. The were barely ever apart since Benny stayed over at the Brasstin/Porter house almost every night, it began to concern both of their mothers that they were doing things they weren't supposed to be doing. But they haven't and they weren't going to for awhile, not until Scarlett healed from her trauma, so no one had to worry about anything. Even though they didn't go that far, they'd still make out occasionally.