✧nine.༄

sweet kisses

𐬿 𐮚 ミ★ ☆彡 𐮚 𐬿

𐬿 𐮚 ミ★ ☆彡 𐮚 𐬿

AFTER GIVING MUCH THOUGHT to how he was going to approach Jacob Phillips, Benny Rodriguez couldn't shake off the fact knowing what he had done to Scarlett and decided that his confrontation was getting done and over with tonight. It was way past his set curfew, the boy knew his mother would go ballistic once he got home but he wanted to do this, no, he needed to for not being there for the girl he adored so much.

Now, Benny was making his way down to the Phillips residence, adrenaline pumping through his veins as he practically sprinted to the familiar house he knew so well. The boys used to be friends when they were much younger and the thought of baseball hadn't plagued their minds, the times where they weren't rivals but best pals.

Benny didn't like the boy Jacob was growing up to be, snobby, entitled, and self centered. The boy never thought that this was how Phillips would turn out but unfortunately it is what it is. He stomped his way up the Phillips residence porch stairs, harshly knocking on the door with clenched fists.

There was a moment of silence until he heard mumbling from the other side of the front door, a woman with the resemblance of Jacob Phillips appeared in front of him with dark circles under her eyes.

She sighed, staring at the boy shifting in his spot, "Benny, what're you doing here so late? You know your mom doesn't like you out past 10 o'clock." A slight grimace crossed Mrs. Phillips face when she gazed over the boys dirty attire.

"I know, I'm sorry for bothering you so late but I need to see Jacob." Benny insisted, he wasn't going to tell her what her son had done to the poor girl, he knew she'd find out sooner than later.

"What for?" The women pushed, her eyebrow raised as she placed a stubborn hand on her hip. She knew that the boys weren't friends anymore, they haven't hung out in years and Phillips never brought Benny up again after 3rd grade.

"I just need to ask him something!" Benny grew irritated, his voice slightly raising and it echoed throughout the large house, the familiar voice caught Jacob's attention and he made his way out of his bedroom, peering over the railing to see who was at their house this late.

To the boy's surprise, he could pin Benny's tan skin and the Los Angeles Dodgers baseball cap he always wore standing behind his mothers figure. He smirked, ascending down the stairs and moving towards the entryway.

"Chill out ma, it's just my old pal Benny!" Phillips waved off, causing Benny to tighten his fists as soon as he heard the boy's voice.

The woman sighed before stepping out of the way and adventured off to her bedroom, not wanting to stay up any longer. Jacob and Benny moved outside, off of the porch and onto the green lawn, not wanting anyone in the home to hear their conversation.