twenty four.

money, money, money

-------

The three teens stayed close together as they made their way down the stairs. Benny's anxiety spiked as he helped Scarlett, he knew that she was holding onto the railing that was on the other side of her but he still nervous about Scarlett going down the stairs, even with extra assistance.

Scarlett didn't like using the stairs because her leg muscles were a little sore, she was always scared that one day her legs would just give out and she would fall down the stairs, ending up with a concussion. She didn't know why that scared her so much but a lot of things that she didn't find frightening before this camping trip were a top tier fear now.

"You okay?" Benny asked, she nodded in response not wanting to talk and concentrate on gripping the railing.

Ally followed closely behind the couple, a frown was placed on her face as she watched Scarlett's hand turn white as she held onto the stair railing. She knew that her best friend was definitely a changed person since the day the Skull and his crew came up in the cabin. Who wouldn't?

Scarlett didn't want anyone outside of the group of teens to know that she killed a man, she didn't like thinking about it but his face was always floating around in her mind, making her wish she never even came on this camping trip in the first place.

"Hey, look who it is!" Tyler smiled watching his sister come cautiously down the stairs as he exited the living room.

Scarlett felt a weight lift off her shoulders when she made it down the last couple of steps before she and Benny moved closer to her older brother.

Tyler lightly grabbed his little sister and squeezed his arms around her, embracing her. Scarlett lightly smiled and returned a loving hug to her older brother.

Her lips neared his ear, whispering a longing question that she waited to be answer the past week, "Is it done? Are they gone now?"

Tyler felt his heart clench but held her closer to his body, "Yes," Scarlett felt herself sigh in relief, "You don't have to worry about them anymore, Scar, they're long gone and I won't let anything ever happen to you again."

Scarlett put her face into his chest as she felt a couple of tears escape down her cheeks. The blood and bodies might be gone but the nightmares and memories would never leave, that's what Scarlett was most worried about every time she would try and go to sleep before waking up screaming and everyone in the cabin being woken up by her screams and Benny's comforting words every night since that day. Tyler was worried for her, all of them were.

Tyler pulled away from Scarlett and looked down at her, wiping away a few of her tears before looking at the other two teens who stood watching the siblings, "Come on, I have something to show you guys."