Chapter 2

"Wait, we're leaving? Why do we need to do that?"    New places are not necessarily my favorite thing and Dad knows that, so the fact that he wants me to come with him means somethings up.

"We're not leaving, just simply visiting the Alpha Commander. He wants to see how the new recruits are doing."

"Why can't he just come here then? We have our own life here, it's his base." He makes no sense sometimes.

   "Well...  You see, they requested that we come there to celebrate their son becoming another year older. I believe he's around your age. Maybe you'll like him and make a friend." he says with a sly smile.

   "When hell freezes over. So, in other words, there's a dress involved." I might just skin my father,  maybe the golden boy while I'm at it. I'll shimmy my way out when no one's looking, I hope.

"Yes, I'm sorry but it's a black-tie event."

"You better be lucky that you're my father because otherwise, you would never get away with this. But at least wearing a tie will help with it, gives it a humor factor."

"You know that's not how it works."

  "I tried.", and with that, I shrug, jump up from the spot and start for the door.

"Oh and Olivia."

"Yeah."

"We leave in two days."

"You really need to let me know ahead of time man. Remember that, love you, dad."

I have two days to find a dress. If that ain't peachy I don't know what is. As I suspect I don't have a single dress in sight. Great, now I have to do something even worse than wearing a dress - shopping. Kicking off my shoes I slip on my PJs and go to bed... Goodnight world.

      'Goodnight Oli.'