Fun (1)

It was his senior year. The first day to be more specific. Now, he had studied his ass off all of high school. It was hard work, but now he had 4 free periods. Of course, he wouldn't just slack off. He was now taking 2 classes at kalos university in the heart of lumiose. He was sorta a nerd, but never hung out with that crowd. Instead he had his own group of friends. His only other "smart" friend was Serena, who also had a class at Kalos U. Normally he would ride his bike to school, but he needed to drive for a while to get to the university after second period. The strangest thing, though, wasn't the fact that he needed to travel in the day, but the fact that there was about an hour at the end of school that most of his friends were in school, but not him. He wasn't sure if Serena had the same predicament.
Sticking the key in the ignition, he took a deep breath, and turned it, ready to go. The car made a loud spitting noise, followed by humming that got progressively quieter, but the car stood still. Ash sighed to himself. He would need to bike to school after all. But worse than that, this would make him late to his kalos U classes.
Getting out of the car, he slammed the door behind him. 'I need to keep a level head' he said to himself, walking back to his house. His mom had already left with the car for her job at the nursery, and took the car with her. He was reaching for his key to go inside and retrieve his bicycle, when a noise behind him made him stop. Turning around, he saw a new car parked in his driveway. It was all he could do to keep from screaming, as the car had snuck up right behind him. "Sorry" a female voice said as the window rolled down "its electric" she continued.
When ash looked closer, he realized that it was Serena. "Oh hey Serena" he said confused why she was here. "Hi" Serena replied "I was just driving by, but it doesn't look like your driving to school?" She questioned. "Car broke down" ash replied with a sigh. "Oh... that sucks. Hey! Would you like to ride with me?" She asked, as everything seemed to instantly click in her mind "we both leave for kalos U after 2nd period, and I think both of our days end at the same time"
"Sure" ash replied, pocketing his key and walking towards her car. It looked brand new, the light glinting off of the silver body. The strange thing was that it looked closer to a sports car than an electric one. Ash sat down, buckling his seatbelt as Serena began to back out. "You can turn on the radio if you want to" Serena said gesturing to a dial beside ash. "Sure" ash said as he tuned it to his favorite station. When the music turned on, it drowned out most of the other sounds in the car. The engine hum was silent, and neither Serena or ash dared to brake the peace.
Soon enough, they rolled to a stop beside lumiose high. It was a nice school, with a brand new track/tennis courts to the side of the large brick buildings. "Oh hey, before you go can you put your number into my new phone?" Serena asked.
"Sure" ash replied reaching over taking the brand new phone "wow. This is expensive" he remarked. "Yea. It's my new step dad" Serena replied "he owns a large magazine company, I forget the name... wait, was it... nope. I can't remember"
"Well you're lucky" ash remarked as he left for his first class which was... He looked down at his schedule, AP psychology. Boy was he psyched... Ash mentally face palmed for that bad pun.
The first day of AP psych was generic. They all learned names, filled out the syllabus, and learned what the class was about. Of course, ash knew this was just a lead up to his most promising class, video production.
When he walked into that second period class, he looked around for empty seats. Then, in the corner he saw Serena and her friend dawn sitting there. He walked over towards them. "Hi" the blue haired girl said smiling. "Sup" ash replied taking a seat by them.
When the bell went off, and class started, it was like most other 'first day' things. The only difference was that it was ash's favorite subject. He listened attentively as the teacher explained the grading systems. Then, as if in an instant, the class was over. It was like they say, time flies when you're having fun.
"That was boring" dawn said sighing. "Well I quite enjoyed it" ash contradicted. "I guess you could say I'm in between" Serena said. "Well either way in excited for cooking!" Dawn smiled. "Foooooood" ash  sighed.
With that the group burst out into laughter. This was going to be a fun year.