Cat (4)

"We just got her in today" the worker said as he bent down besides ash "older than the others, but about the same size. Probably won't get any bigger, which is a pro or con depending. Only about $100"

"Wha- 100" ash said surprised, but Serena just pulled out her wallet. "Rich dad" she said again, paying for the kitten.

"As with all animal purchases we will include a starter pack and at any time you can come in for help. Sign here if you are 18 years or older" the man said. At that last part, Serena sorta panicked. She was 17...

"I got this" Gary said signing for the cat. "I am officially the adult of this group" Gary grinned. "Yea, and he sure acts like it" dawn said sarcastically. "Go to your room young lady" Gary retorted.

~•~

The small animal mewed from inside of its carrier as Serena and ash drive to her place. "Sucks we cut short the first get-together with the others" ash said "but it's for a good reason"

"Yea, it's fun to get the band back together. Even if it is one last song..." Serena sighed. It was their last year in school. Each of them would go to a different collage, most likely. "Well, we might as well go out with a bang" ash said confidently. Serena smiled at that. Something inside her just kicked. She knew.

"We're here" Serena said pulling into a large white house. "Wow, its huge!" Ash said, surprised at the massive place. "It looks even bigger on the inside, as my we just moved in and there are only a few furnished rooms. Also I forgot to tell you my dads out on a business trip. He owns a magazine company, I forget if I've told you that already."

The two got out, and Serena took a key from her pocket unlocking the door, as ash carried the cat carrier. "Where too now" he asked looking around at the large entrance hall. "Up and he stairs and too the left is a good empty room to keep the cat until I tell my parents."

~•~

"More soda?" Serena asked smiling to ash. "Why not..." ash replied as she filled up his cup. "Ima go check on the cat" he walked over to the small room, opening up the door. The small animal darted out, cutting up around his legs. "Awww, you" ash said picking it up in his arms. He walked back over to Serena, the kitten on his shoulder. "You two look so cute together" she smiled "reminds me of a story I read"

"Oh really, what story?"ash asked. "No clue" Serena replied "I just remember the cover art. It's funny though how I don't remember the rest. My memory just does what it wants." "Tell me about it"

~•~

"Good morning sleepy head" a voice said as ash rolled over in the couch. Opening his eyes ash saw a man, older than him but still around the prime-ish of his life standing above him. "Oh... hi" ash said groggily. "Morn ash" a voice that he recognized as Serena's said "you seem to have met my dad, Carl"

Ash internally laughed. When he heard the name Carl he thought 'nerd', abd this guy was definitely a Carl. He had large glasses, and a freshly trimmed beard. "Good morning Mr..." ash paused, realizing he didn't know the mans last name. "Xavier" he told ash. "Ahh. Morning Mr Xavier"

"Now, you seem like a nice young man, but honestly I was about to slap you silly" Mr Xavier said "but then..." he looked down and ash realized that in his arms the man was holding the small kitten.

"Serena explained that you came here for the kitten, and that's a damn good excuse if I've heard one. Now... get your asses off to school before you're late"
The business man walked away to his office, still holding the kitten.

"Let's go!" Serena handed ash a piece of toast, slathered in butter and honey. "Ok" he stood up, grabbing his bag and following her outside.

"Sorry that I uhh.. fell asleep" ash said stepping into the car. He really didn't even remember anything except just hanging out with her, and that was it. He just then woke up on the couch. Groggy, but unknowing.

"It's partially my fault" Serena admitted pulling out of the driveway "I lost track of time. I mean at least we needed to carpool,"

"Oh shit!" Ash exclaimed frantically pulling out his cell phone "I need to text my mom!"

Delia:Ash? Where are you?

Ash:OMG OMG I'm so sorry mom. I lost track of time, but then Serena's dad said I could stay at there place.

Delia: alright... but don't do this again. I had a mini panic attack, but if her dad was ok with it.

Ash felt kinda bad lying to his mother, but it was better than him saying that he was at someone's house and woke up ok the couch remembering nothing. In fact, as he thought about it he realized that the whole situation just seemed sketchy.

"So.... anything new in your life?" Serena asked trying to start conversation. "Not since last night." Ash replied awkwardly. "Hehe... yea you kinda run out of things to talk about when you drive everywhere with someone. Oh yea, speaking of that how is your car?"

"They said it would be ready yesterday, but what they 'say' isn't always true."

"True"

"So I would say in a few days"

"Oh... cool"

A/N
Wow... that was a lot of words lol. Please vote if you enjoyed