(10)

The boy crawled across the ground, slowly making his way. It was just him, and that boy was insane. He needed to get away, to regroup.

The only sound he heard was the soft contact of his hands upon the ground. Pat pat pat pat, it was almost soothing.

Just as he had gotten into a rhythm, another noise sparked above all else. It was that same pat pat pat, but now getting louder and louder. The sound approached, nearly on top of him. He had no chance.

Getting up, he began to run. The sound of his footsteps seemed to melt in with his pursuer, until he couldn't even tell where they were. Pat pat pat pat... "OUT!" 

*

"Yes!" Serena cheered, throwing her arms into the air as she headed to meet her other friends.

"Well I thought we were screwed..." dawn smiled at her friend, as she came out of the arena. "Same" Serena replied "but somehow we pulled it out. Its really all thanks to ash"

"Well I personally think that gary and dawn did the very best..." ash said, "blah blah blah" gary rolled his eyes "at least I didn't completely wipe out"

"Hey, uhh, why don't we get some food" Lilly suggested. "Why not" ash and Gary both replied nonchalantly. Of course, everyone knew that the two of them must have been very hungry.

Each of the two boys took off down the hallway, as if only one of them could make it. When they turned the corner, dawn was about to speak up, but Serena stopped her. "Let them get lost..." she said, beginning to lead them the opposite way as the two boys had gone.

"So I'm just curious, why would your dad have a laser tag arena in his house?" Dawn said, as they made their was up some stairs

"He likes to offer it to guests. Says it is a universal truth teller, and thatprople revert to their true selves playing the game" Serena said, in a tone that they couldn't tell if it was sarcastic "of course his friends are now too old..."

"We're here" she said, as they rounded a corner into the kitchen. There were a few people standing around, filling up drinks for their friends, as the party continued below.

*

As ash began to realize he was lost, he decided to take a different turn than Gary. Being alone in the big house was interesting. The sound from the party barely even penetrated into that area. Stopping to look around, he realized that the path he was following came to an abrupt end. There was a wall, hidden mostly by a bookshelf, but the book titles seemed off. Each one was a joke name, a parody of an actual work of literature. Things like 'Harry Potter and the Order of the Pizza'.

Looking closer, ash realized that most of the books were glued together... all except one. Pulling the book out, he started to flip through the pages. I was an interesting tale on a Great War that had happened thousands of years ago. After skimming through it, he went to put it back, but as he was about to place it where he had picked it up, he noticed something strange. It was an indent, about the size of a hand on the book next to it.

Reaching over, he pushed it in, feeling a satisfying click. The entire bookshelf moved back, and then retreated into a wall. 'Wow. He really wasted no space in this house' ash remarked to himself. Inside, ash found a small room, walls filled with bottles of unknown liquids. It looked like a mad scientist's lab.

*

Walking to the opposite end of the room, he found a large panel, with a handle protruding from it. Opening it up, he revealed another hallway, like the one he had come out of.

The only difference with thus new area, is that he recognized it. From here, he could hopefully make his way to his friends.