Kalos U (2)

As ash walked down the hallway, he paused to think about what next. He had no class at this school.... "hey slowpoke!" Serena said upping her pace "ya know, you might miss your bus" she joked turning into the parking lot. Not wanting to be left behind by the 'bus' he sped up to a jog. When they reached the car, ash was actually kinda tired. "Wow, I haven't run in a long time" he remarked in between breaths.

"Wait, so you didn't work out over summer like all of the athletes?" Serena questioned and ash shook his head "wow... neerrrrdddd!" She teased."Hey, I don't have an electric car" he teased back. "True..."

The car hummed slightly as they pulled out of the parking lot and away. "Stop!" A loud voice could be heard through a megaphone. Serena smiled rolling down the window as a security guard ran up to them. "You aren't supposed to leave school grounds!" He said motioning for Serena to get out of the car. She stuck her hand out the window with a small slip of paper. "It's my schedule for kalos U"

"Oh I'm sorry" he motioned for them to go on "I just never thought that a pretty girl with a sports car driving with her boyfriend would be going to kalos U. Good for you guys!" He smiled and Serena drove away.

"Did you hear that, he thinks we're bf and gf" Serena smiled. "Yea, but i-it's not like that..." ash replied as Serena just continued to smile, looking forward in the car. Ash reached over and turned on the radio.

When they arrived at the university, everything seemed different. It had transitioned from the suburban area that they lived in to full blown lumiose city. Large towers and office buildings were everywhere, and tourists could be seen walking around everywhere. "It's a lot different than home" ash said under his breath. "It is..." Serena agreed "we should stick together. What's your first class?"

Ash pulled out his schedule, looking down the list. "Linear algebra" he said. "Fun" Serena replied sarcastically "I have..." she handed ash her schedule and ash looked at the first period. "Hah!" He said and Serena looked at him confused "you have it too"

"Well... we can suffer together" she smiled. "Well I don't really think it will be that bad. I mean I have heard good things about the teachers here" his best subject had always been math.

As they arrived and Serena found a parking spot, ash studied the campus map. "I think it's just over to the right" he said pointing to a tall brick building. "Ok then, linear algebra here we come!"

The first day in that class was pretty different. Instead of learning names, they each got a list of new supplies. A 200$ calculator, and new 100$ (if used) textbook were the most substantial items listed. He placed the list in his pocket, making a mental note to go out to the store.

His next class of the day happened immediately after that, so ash quickly gathered his things to leave. Walking through the hallway, he found his way to English. This was a bigger room than his other class. Lining the walls were large bookshelves, and a massive chalkboard stood at the front of the class. Looking around, ash realized he never saw a teacher, taking a seat near the front. Then, looking down he saw a nice older lady looking back up at him. I'm the stadium style seats she looked even smaller. "Good morning class" she said, smiling and pointing to a stack of papers "please take one"

Students slowly all stood up, taking one of the papers. "When students write" she said to the class "they are very good at adding fluff. Things that sound good, but serve no purpose accept to keep the reader immersed in the world of your story. It keeps you from just stating facts. Well, I always like to start off the year with a challenge. In front of you there is a copy of our rule sheets. I ask you all, to turn this into a complete essay. Don't add any fluff. All facts, but not just a regurgitation of that list. You have until next week. Get started"

With that she turned away, and sat down, typing on her computer. The class time seemed to tuck by very quickly as ash formulated a plan. By the end of it, he was just about prepared to start typing it out at home. 

When class let out, ash realized he was pretty hungry. He was just walking to the school cafeteria, when the buzz of his phone stopped him. Looking at the message, he realized it was from an unknown number.

Unknown Number: hi ash , it's Serena. Meet me at the place we parked

He sighed. Looked like no food. He couldn't miss his ride. He replied back 'ok', and entered the number in his contacts as Serena.

When he finally made it to the car, he was met with Serena's smiling face. "What took you so long?" She asked. "Well I was kinda about to get food..." he mumbled. "Well what's your favorite restaurant?" Serena asked, waving for him to get in the car. "The one with food" ash replied. "Sushi it is!" Serena said and ash cringed. "Ok but not that" he said. "Fine... pizza?" "Sure"