Cool (7)

Ash stood, hearing the noises coming from inside. "On my way" the voice said. He was waiting for his girlfriend, Lilly. 'Click' the door opened up, revealing Lilly, wearing a short white skirt.

"Cute!" Ash smiled simply, motioning for her to follow him. "It's my party skirt" Lilly smiled back at him.

"Really? Because it looks like your normal one" ash jeered as he got in the car. "It's a little smaller" Lilly said, this time in a more serious tone.

"We're not going to that kind of party" Ash laughed.

"Still, a party's a party" Lilly joined with him.

The two of them continued to talk all of the way to said party. By the time they arrived, most people seemed to already be there.

Ash pulled into the driveway, then the garage. He typed in the code, and the gates swung wide open.

"Pro tip: have a rich friend" ash joked, as they pulled in and got out.

-

Inside, dawn, Gary and Paul all stood around, eating snacks. "What a cool house plant" Gary said, pointing to the potted plans by the window.

"I learned about those in bio!" Dawn said, looking closer at it. The plant itself seemed slightly wilted, at least compared to the others, yet it still had vibrant flowers.

"Oh I forget what it's called..." Dawn scratched her head "but if I remember correctly the leaves can be extracted into a strong drug..."

"Cool, let's get high!" Gary said, in a way that the couldn't quite tell if he was serious.

Paul shook his head, and was about to comment when ash walked in.

"Wtf is going on here?" He asked, as Gary was reaching out for a plant and dawn was slapping his hand away.

"Long story" Paul rolled his eyes.

"Oh hi ash" another voice said. Ash turned to his side, seeing Serena smiling back at him.

"Welcome to me using my rich dad" she spread her arms wide.

For the first time, ash realized how big the space was. There were kids everywhere, and large speakers were playing music, as people drank soda pored from two liter bottles.

"Where is litten?" Lilly asked from behind ash.

"Oh, the kitten is upstairs" Serena said motioning to that part of the house.

"Kitten!" Gary's attention suddenly switched from plant to kitten "I wanna see"

"Ok" Serena giggled at her friend, and began to walk to the stairs. As the group went, everything else just seemed to form around them. They were truly the center of the party, but at the same time, no one knew them.

Serena clicked open the door carefully, as the small animal tried to make its escape. "No you don't" she whispered, as she scooped him up off the ground. "Come in, she then motioned, keeping a firm grasp on the cat.

As the group stepped in and closed the door behind them, the room seemed to shift. It was as if they went from party to private.

Serena set the cat down. Gary immediately walked over to it, and ash followed.

As the two boys played with the cat, Dawn, Paul, Lilly, and Serena all chatted together.

"So, how are things with ash?" Dawn asked Lilly, curious to know the full story of the two. Ash had never even been the romantic type, so she honestly had no idea what was going on.

"Not much" Lilly replied simply "he is nice, funny, and seems near perfect at everything. I mean he is in crazy smart classes and barely breaks a sweat,"

Both Dawn and Serena didn't know what to say too that other than "nice" or "good". In the end it was Paul who chimed in, saying "ash has a way to just get through life, and always know what to do or say. Shame you haven't really cracked him yet,"

"PAUL!" Dawn yelled out. She had no idea he was even there. "THIS IS GIRL TALK... You're.. Well- a boy. Go talk to the others about sports or something"

"But that's boring" Paul replied with a sigh "you guys are much more interesting"

"Yea... Bu-" Dawn stuttered, as Paul butted in again "Don't worry, you're secrets are safe with me" he smiled.

"I mean he seems cool" Lilly said as Serena nodded in approval "and besides, if he wants to do girly stuff we can dress him up in makeup!" Serena grinned a devious grin.

"Fine..." Dawn made a pouty face.