(12)

The walls were lined with decorations, mostly thematic, but a few with actual use. A light hand reached over, pulling the drawers open, taking a key from each. That hand continued to sweep its way over, reaching a lock box, the size of a singular book.

Quietly, using those keys, they opened up the first lock, setting it aside. The next lock was removed with identical caution, and the contents of the box was revealed.

Fanning out each individual item, the curious eyes scanned over, absorbing information. The inner workings of a car, a chemical compound, a book on psychology.

Each piece on its own seemed nothing, but when put together it revealed something else entirely. A story within a story, one cute, but deadly.

They placed the individual articles back into the safe, carefully replicating what they remembered from before. Then, each lock was placed back on, and secured in place.

The keys were slipped back into the drawers, everything closed up. They were ready to exit, but of course wanted to do one thing before they went.

Reaching over, they grabbed one of the small containers, holding a clear liquid, with scientific markings down the side. It seemed as if some of the contents had already been drained out, and they recognized it from somewhere else.