(11)

The group of friends sat together, talking about whatever friends talk about. The rest of the party around them had seemed to die down, and others seemed to pop in and out of this main group. It was fun to just hang out, and that's what ash intended to do.

"Would you like a drink?" Serena asked, handing him a red cup filled with soda. "Naw, I'm fine" he replied, setting it aside, and continuing to eat.

"I'll take it!" Gary said, smiling and holding out his hand. "Uhh, actually it's... your least favorite flavor" ash said, dumping it out into the sink.

"Aww" Gary sighed, going over to get himself a drink. Serena reached over, filling up another cup with soda, handing it to Gary. "Thanks"

***

Ash sighed, filling in the sheet of paper in front of him. His own amounts of homework had begun to grow, as the midterm tests were getting near.

At the same time, the weather outside had started to get colder.

Finishing up with his work, he stood up, grabbing his things to head to his last class of the day. He was honestly just ready to get it all over with, maybe meet with his friends.

Stepping outside, the cold air whipped at his arms, and he stretched on his jacked, flipping up the hood. He heard crunching if the grass beside him, and turned to see Serena walking up beside him.

"Hey" she said. "Sup"

Cutting off their reunion, another person stepped in between them. He was tall, a few inches higher than ash, with a very dissatisfied look on his face. "Is this your girlfriend?" He asked, raising an eyebrow. "Just a friend" ash replied, confused on why this kid would even ask.

"Well you're in luck..." he said, grinning "but still, stay away from her, she's mine"

As a reply, ash just simply smiled. "You know it's stupid to reveal your plan right in front of her" he pointed to Serena "I mean, revealing your plan to anyone kinda ruins it" This time, ash looked over at Serena, smiling and walking away.

The other boy started after ash, the look on his face turning to anger. Then he felt a tap on his shoulder, and turned around to see Serena, hand raised in the air. The next thing the brute knew, in one swift motion she had slapped across his face.

"Don't embarrass yourself" she said, heading away after ash.

"Well that was awkward" Serena said, catching up to her friend. "Yea. Definitely" he sighed.

The two of them made their way to their next classes, ash turning inside the large building to get to his English class.

The actual class itself was fine, by his standards. The teacher lectured, and everyone got their homework and left. That's how it was every day.

*

Sitting at home, ash had all of his homework laid out in front of him. The homework was all partly done, but it wasn't that he didn't know how to do it, he just had something else on his mind. That boy had assumed he and Serena were together, and honestly, were they?

He spent just as much time with Serena as with Lilly, so what was the difference... oh yea.

A/N - I apologize for the lack of words in this chapter (only 500, not the usual 700-1000). I really just felt this was the best place to end it. Also just want to say a huge thank you to the people who vote!