Suprise (8)

Gary looked over at his friend ash, twirling the toy in his hand. On the ground, litten ran back and fourth, chasing after the little feather ball.

"You know the stereotype about parties" he said, leaning in by ash "do you think Serena's parents even know she is doing this?"

"Definitely" ash said, flicking the toy into the air, causing litten to jump up after it "at least her dad, as he seems ok with everything,"

"Wow, I wish I had a dad like that" Gary commented, now turning his gaze over to the girls, who were also chatting. "Do you think they have noticed Paul?" Gary joked.

As if on que, dawn turned sternly toward Paul, and said something to him. "They noticed him now" ash shook his head.

The two boys continued to chat, playing with litten as they did. It was surprising quiet in this side room, compared to the rest of the party, making it seem like they were the only ones there.

"Hey guys" Serena waved for ash and Gary to come to them "sooo..... a small surprise... try to guess..."

At this, Gary and the others looked around, semi confused. "La-" ash began to talk, but Serena silenced him with a hand. Ash already knew all of this.

"Turns out you're an evil vampire and are going to kill all of us?" Gary said, making up the most random thing possible.

"Nope..." Serena said, looking around to see if anyone had any ideas, which they didn't.

"It's laser tag!" She said, being unable to take the silence. "Wait, here?" Dawn questioned, looking around to be sure she was serious "yep. I already found the other teams before you all arrived, and I'm lucky you all were late," she mumbled the last part under her breath  "come with me,"

~•~

Serena lead them out of the room, and over to another smaller room. Lining the walls of the room, were gray shelves, half of which were empty. The other half, were lined with military style vests and sci-fi looking blasters.

"Suit up" Serena said, putting on her own vest. Ash, Dawn, and Gary immediately moved forward, grabbing their own vests, and slipping them on.

"Tight fit" Gary remarked, pulling it forcefully over his head. "Maybe if you didn't have such a thick skull..." Dawn jeered back at him. "Ouch" Gary flinched playfully.

Everyone but Paul and Lilly had gotten into a vest, and the two of them stood looking at the very last vest. "I'm just gonna be referee" Paul said casually.

"You can go do what we talked about now" Serena said to him, and he turned to leave. "WAIT. Paul knew about this too?" Dawn questioned and Serena nodded her head.

"Told you I was good at keeping secrets" Paul smiled as he left the room.

"Alright" serena began as lilly began to get her own vest on "my father has had this laser tag arena for a long time, and surprisingly it looks good as new. Now, we're going to try not to brake anything... so follow me" Serena lead the group out of the room, and down a few hallways. The house honestly didn't seem big enough to have this much space. Then, Serena opened a side door, revealing a set of stairs, leading downwards.

From the outside, the house seemed moderate in size, but with this new passageway, things just kept going on. They went down the steps, into a basement, where everything was pretty dark.

With a flick of her wrist, Serena turned the lights on, and the entire place turned alive. Large glowing colored panels illuminated the foam barriers, and another group of contestants. "Those are our opponents?" Gary asked, pointing at the other group of kids, standing opposite them. "Yep" Serena replied.

Then as if from all directions, Paulvoice blared out 'this will be a one hit elimination round, once you're hit, raze your gun above your head and walk to the exit. We will begin in 3... 2... 1... GO!"

Everyone on the other team seemed to sprint off in other directions, as the group of friends just stood there. "We should probably find cover" ash said, heading to the nearest barrier.