(17)

[authors note: I have decided to do this chapter from the first person]

"So you're telling me that this hot babe is right there, and you're not even trying to get even a date?" Gary exclaimed for the seventh time, no less annoying than the last six.

"Yes, Gary. I'm just..."

"Just what? Stupid? I thought you were in honors classes? This is a once in a lifetime opportunity," he shook his head playfully.

A wave of happiness rushed over me at the playfulness of his remarks, but it was quickly overtaken by the memories of the past. Everything she did. It was all disgusting, but at the same time fun, only up to a point, though.

"If you really want to know, of course she's cute" I spread my arms wide, wearing a smug expression "but she is too much of a friend. I don't like her... That way,"

"You're loss" Gary grinned.

Those memories were now swept to the back of my mind. I was in the moment. Just with my friend, having fun. I didn't have to analyze anything, ignorance was bliss.

"Here we are" Gary spread his arms wide, motioning to the large amusement park in front of us "They should be inside,"

"Wait..." I said, realizing a key flaw in our logic "aren't there two entrances?"

"True, but we can hope we are at the right one" Gary started forward and I followed.

We bought our tickets, strolling into the park looking for our friends.

"Hi boys!" I heard Dawn's voice, turning around to see her and Serena walking towards us.

This moment was so fun. I wasn't think about what had happened, wait, shit. I thought about not thinking about it. Not I am thinking about it. Why can't I just forget. She would be perfect, but my mind won't forget.

"Boo!" I felt a hand grab my shoulder, and turned to see Paul grinning. Wait, he never smiles.

"Why are you so happy?" I asked, and he moved his other hand from behind his back, revealing a giant stuffed bear.

"I won it in one of those games" he said, tossing it into the air and catching it.

"He has been going on and on about this random stuffed bear" dawn said, grinning with just how strange it was for Paul to be happy.

"Of course that's not the only reason he is happy" Serena said, glancing at dawn.

Looking down I now realized something even more peculiar. Dawn and Paul were holding hands.

"we're kinda dating" Paul said, rubbing the back of hid head.

"kinda?" Dawn said, teasing Paul.

"wow. What a nice and random coincidence to drive forward ideas of other romances as well as be fan service" Gary said, but I couldn't quite make it out.

"what?"

"oh never mind" Gary shook his head "let's go and do something fun!"