(13)

The small snowflakes fluttered to the ground, adding to the thin white blanket covering the sidewalk. It was the last day before the week long break allowing families to meet over the winter. The air was bitter cold, but it was the kind of weather enjoyed by some.

Ash was one of those cold weather enthusiasts. He was walking from his last class of the day, ready for the new break. Looking around, ash found a sight that was bound to mean trouble. It was that same boy from a week earlier.

Then he felt a hand on his arm, pulling him to the side, in a small alleyway like a vice grip. Then he felt a familiar sensation across his lips. The boy who had been walking towards ash turned around in anger.

Ash, now realizing what was happening, pushed forward into this new person, pinning them up against the wall. Then, pulling back he pushed his knee forward, knocking the wind out of her. His mind fluttered back to the day before.

"I'm sorry ash, it's ju- it doesn't seem... see- seem right" Lilly stuttered, looking nervously down at the ground.

"And you're sure there is no other reason?"

"N-n-no... n-no other reason"

"Well I don't know exactly how to react..."

"You could like... u-umm... ask out s-s-ser-Serena "

Ash was now more frustrated than ever. Not the fact that she left him, but... her. The fact was that he didn't know, and that made him mad. Or at least that's what he told himself.

"You know, right now, if I accused you of rape you would be dead" Serena said, confidence returning to her voice.

"Yea... but that would be a bit hypocritical" ash turned to walk away, needing time to think.

As he turned out of the ally, his way was blocked my multiple large figures. They looked down at him, frowns on their faces. Then something snapped into his head. Stepping forward, ash swung his hand forward at his assailant, missing terribly.

Then they advanced on him, and he stepped back. Moving behind Serena, he gave her a slight push towards the attackers.

Stepping forward, she turned from innocent girl to attacking machine. The men were taken by surprise. This boy had backed up... in fear. As Serena hopped left and right, avoiding her assailants. Eventually, one of them landed one hit. That one time was enough to throw her off balance. Starting to skip over, one if the men caught her surprisingly fragile frame.

The men who were not carrying Serena, turned toward ash. Of course, in the time Serena had bought him, ash was able to pull a knife out of his bag, getting ready to defend himself. Realizing that they didn't have enough time or strength to fight him, the group walked past him, making their was down the ally, holding Serena. As they did so, Serena looked back, using all the energy she had left in her own body.

Behind her, slowly fading into the darkness, she saw ash smiling and waving goodbye...