"OUT!" (9)

Ash saw the group of boys hop over the barrier to their left, and open fire. Of course, the overconfident group hadn't realized that their speed would sacrifice accuracy. Only one of them managed to connect a hit. "OUT!" The computerized voice said. Lilly's vest began to glow a bright red, as she got up to exit. They were one down, 4 to 5.

"Let's go" dawn motioned, beginning to jog between the large foam pieces. "On it" Gary followed behind her.

"Wait," Serena said, halting ash before he could follow them "let's split up, pincer maneuver"

"Suit yourself, I don't want to be shot" Gary said turning to go. "Do you think he realizes it's a game?" Serena asked ash jokingly. "In the end it's all perception" he replied, taking off the other way.

As they ran through the field, everything seemed to whip by. Of course neither of them even flinched, coming so close to the large padded structures. Then, just barely, ash heard movement. "Stop" he said, halting behind a large obstacle, as to not be seen.

"How close do you think they are?" Serena asked, trying to listen closely for the others. "Do you have anything heavy?" Ash replied to her question with another. Out of her pocked, Serena produced a pen and pad of paper "what do you need it for?" She asked.

"Distraction" ash replied simply, grappling the pad and pen, tossing them to the side. The small ruffling noise made by the paper on the ground was followed by the clank of plastic, as one of the other team tried to shoot at the fabricated player.

At that moment, both ash and Serena popped up, punishing him for his mistake. "OUT!" The voice said for the second time, as the boy walked off, annoyed that he fell for the ploy.

Ash and Serena both smiled, it had been a success, and the teams were even.

As if to contradict that thought, the voice sounded again, twice. "Awwww. Dammit" they heard Gary's voice from across the arena. "It's because you were too loud!" Dawn said back to him, annoyed.

It was just them now, a 2 vs 4 match. The odds were definitely against them now. As if in tandem, both ash and Serena had the same thought. It was all or nothing, and they might as well go all in. "I'll take left" Serena said, heading off before ash could object. He turned to go right, mapping out everything in his head.

He had a general idea of where his opponents were. This was going to be fun.

He took off, running parallel to the other team, hearing them shift around and pop up to fire at him, but he didn't look. He knew that if he did, it would be to his own downfall. Keeping is movements inconsistent and unpredictable, he made his way to the other side of the field.

Honestly, that spring didn't seem to accomplish much. He had just run from one side to the other. Of course, that had drawn attention. It was now just him and them. Ash was ready to take full advantage of that.

Peaking up from behind the barrier he was behind, he looked nearly straight at his opponents. Almost immediately, red streaks darted past his face, and he ducked back down. He had no vantage point on them like this.

Out of his pocket, he produced his own phone, and turned on the camera. Holding the phone above the barrier, he was able to survey the area. About 15 feet away was what he assumed was the other team. He could only see one of them looking over cover, but it only made sense for them to stick together, and use their numbers to their advantage.

He needed to make a move, to take a shot, but he could not look over the barrier he was behind. It was a stick situation, but he thought he had a way out of it. He pulled his phone back down, preparing for the huge gamble he was about to take.

Keeping a tight grip on the rubbery case around his phone, he stretched forward, placing it just outside of cover, angled upward. He really hoped he was correct on this.

Ash began to back up, firing at the reflective surface. "Get him" ash heard as the group opened fire on where they thought he was. Of course, there was nothing there. Ash popped up from the other side, firing and taking out one of them. By the time they realized where he was, Serena had also come up from behind taking out another. "OUT!" The voice said twice.

The two who were left behind the barrier now knew that they were screwed. Both turning opposite ways, they ran, hoping to get away, and have time to regroup. Ash saw them, and took off like a wolf, killer instincts tingling.

Instead of dodging around the obstacles in his way, ash simply hopped up on top, pushing off from one to the other. Gaining on his opponent from behind, ash never sought to slow down. It didn't matter if he was out in the open, as long as he took his target out before they had a chance to fire back.

Leaping high above the arena, ash opened fire. The satisfying voice rang through the arena, "OUT!".

Knowing that his job was done, at least for now, ash relaxed just slightly. Then, he felt something pushing on his back. Realizing now what was going on, ash prepared to roll, hoping to take the least of the impact posing. Plummeting from the ceiling, he thudded onto the ground. Surprisingly, his in the moment idea worked. He was able to withstand the hid, and right back up.

His head throbbed back and fourth, but he still kept his composure. Looking around, he realized that the other opponent was no where to be found, and Serena was too. Head still hurting, he began to pace the arena, gun heals at the ready.

Each corner he came to, he jumped quickly around, as if an enemy were there. Each time he did, his head seemed to clear up, allowing him to focus more and more. Finally, with all of his heightened senses, he realized someone was behind him.

His grip on the laser gun tightened, as he prepared to turn around. In one quick motion, he shifted his weight to his other foot, turning and firing on his stalker. To his dismay, none of the hits registered.

Then, instead of taking up their own gun, this mystery opponent simply shook their head, revealing long blonde hair...

Ash shook his own head, smiling back at Serena. "So... do you know where our last guy is?" Ash asked, looking around. "No clue, I thought it was you" "same"