3: Operation Shizuka Seduces the Seriously Sexy Semi

"Yoshino Shizuka-san." It wasn't a question or an exclamation but simply a statement that acknowledged that she was present.

Shizuka stood still in her place gazing at Madoka, not knowing how to react to what she had just discovered.

Outside of the cheery music from the game that sounded quietly through the headphones, the room was silent.

Up until now, I've won so many speech contests but why is it that whenever I am in front of this guy, I am always struggling to find the right words to say?

Shizuka awkwardly pulled at her sleeves as she slowly retracted her gaze. "Um, you see, well I was sort of in the vicinity and had to do um, a thing." As the words left her mouth Shizuka could feel her embarrassment rising.

Why the hell did I say that? He didn't even ask!

Shizuka's eyes were nervously locked on a spot on the floor. "What are you doing here, Semi-san? Didn't you leave for the infirmary earlier?

"I did but after resting for a while, I felt better and wanted to go back to class. On my way back, I ran into Towa-sensei who needed some help sorting files. By the time we finished, it was already lunch time so I just stayed here while sensei went to get his lunch." 

After Madoka finished speaking, their conversation halted to a stop.

Shizuka couldn't discern how Madoka felt in the moment but she was almost certain that she hadn't felt this awkward in her entire life. However, just before she could conjure up a reason that would allow her to exit, her phone vibrated from inside her pocket.

Shizuka immediately whipped her phone out and prayed for a miracle.

Mika: [Have you sorted things out yet? TT]

Fuyuki: [Hurry and get your butt to the courtyard! D: Mika's making us wait for you to eat. I'm DYING of hunger!!!!!! x_x]

The prayer worked! To all the ancestors, gods, and/or deities that made this happen, I thank thee with all my heart!

Shizuka hurriedly texted back a short reply of: On my way now.

After putting her phone away Shizuka glanced at Madoka. When she realized that he had been quietly observing her, she felt a tinge of embarrassment. "Well, um I guess I should go now."

A faint smile appeared on Madoka's face. "You don't have to do that thing in the vicinity anymore?"

Neither his question nor his face held hints of mockery but somehow, Shizuka couldn't help but feel even more embarrassed. "I finished it. Just now."

Then, without daring to look at his reaction, she sprinted out of the room as if she had wings on her feet.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

"The universe definitely ships you guys," Fuyuki declared whilst sprawled out underneath a large tree in the courtyard leisurely eating grapes. The three friends had made it a habit since first year to have their lunch together in the courtyard whenever the weather was nice.

Shizuka whose head was buried in her knees could only wail miserably, "In my past life I must've owed him something! That must be why he's so keen on ruining my life now!"

Mika who was searching for something in her backpack tried to comfort Shizuka by saying, "Your life isn't ruined. So you lost the first place ranking. So what?"

"So what? So everything! I've lost everything! I lost to Semi Madoka in real life and now I've lost to him in game! There's nothing left for me!"

"Which means you're going to give up on trying to beat him in the future?" Fuyuki asked.