29: If you explode, can I sell your stuff online?

Under Chiba-sensei's insistence, Shizuka was to be kept under observation at the hospital since symptoms of anaphylactic shock could reoccur shortly after the first attack and the concussion Shizuka suffered from needed monitoring as well. This decision made Shizuka displeased since she had always been someone who didn't enjoy being at the hospital or the doctor's office when it absolutely wasn't necessary since she found such places to be dreary. 

The next day her mother came to visit her in the morning before she went to work with some snacks and books in hand.

At lunch, Mika and Fuyuki, having been driven by Mika's chauffeur, came with flowers and a fruits basket. They explained that they had actually visited her the day before as well. However, they eventually left since Shizuka's mother had strongly encouraged them to go home and have a proper dinner because she knew that Shizuka wouldn't have wanted her friends to skip meals for her sake.

"Is Madoka-kun coming back to visit you after school?"

Shizuka nodded. "He said he'd definitely come but he said he might be late."

After school hours, a whole flood of people from Kiseki Gakuen came to visit Shizuka armed with flowers and other gifts. The visitors included Chinen, Akiyama, Aiko, Rei, other fanclub members, friends and classmates, a few concerned teachers, and even Madoka's fans.

Shizuka was most jilted by their appearance since they came in sobbing loudly and bearing as many presents as her own fans

Shizuka was most jilted by their appearance since they came in sobbing loudly and bearing as many presents as her own fans. "YOOOSHINOOO-SAMA! Thank you so so so so so very much for protecting Semi-sama! You're the pinnacle of capability! Truly an admirable and worthy counterpart for our Semi-sama! I-I hope you'll accept these small tokens of our gratitude!"

Although they had said so, they actually wouldn't let Shizuka not accept their presents so in the end Shizuka could only graciously receive them.

By around seven o'clock there were mountains of flowers, stuffed animals, books, and an assortment of almond-free food surrounding Shizuka's bed.

As she stared at the items, Anzai Daitan, her elderly and outspoken roommate, wolf whistled. "You could open a shop with all this stuff, girly."

"I'm grateful for their visits but I'd rather everyone didn't spend so much money..."

Daitan shrugged. "Hey, if they want to give stuff you just got to accept it with a smile. When you're as old as me, hardly anyone comes by except for family members and after the first few times, they hardly bring anything good. Where's Madoka-kun? I haven't seen that boy all day."

Shizuka pursed her lips. "I'm not sure. He stopped replying to my texts after school ended so maybe he had something he needed to do..."